Cloud Infrastructure Technical Writer Specialist
- Expired: October 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
GAMA-1 Technologies, LLC seeks an experienced remote Technical Writer specializing in Information Technology (IT) Cloud Infrastructure Management. The candidate will support GAMA-1's growing Cloud Services practice. In particular, the successful candidate will help drive GAMA-1's efforts to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Cloud and National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) initiatives. These strategic cloud initiatives intend to increase the bureau's IT efficiency, improve IT delivery, and reduce costs.
- Non-Supervisory Role
The Cloud/Infrastructure Technical Writer will support NESDIS satellite ground systems infrastructure and the common services they provide to our global stakeholder community. These systems and services are deemed mission-critical technologies that receive, process, disseminate, store, and archive petabytes of environmental data and information collected from space daily in support of environmental science and the global stakeholder community. The candidate works with a team responsible for transitioning scientific satellite ground systems and environmental intelligence data and applications from an on-prem infrastructure environment to the AWS cloud platform (NCCF) without interruption to operations. The candidate will work closely with environmental science teams and stakeholders to plan over 133 scientific applications migration to the AWS NCCF Cloud Platform.
As a Technical Writer, youll write customer-focused infrastructure services documentation for our projects and stakeholders. You will set the example for best practices in user-centered technical writing as part of our cross-functional Digital Transformation team, and you will be embedded in the IaaS development team to work with SMEs and develop a deep understanding of a complex satellite ground systems infrastructure.
- Produce high-quality documentationfeature guides, release notes, API docs, and moreto guide and educate customers. Develop deep IaaS knowledge through researching, partnering with SMEs, and using the IaaS.
- Build our technical writing standards, processes, and best practices.
- Partner with other Digital Transformation team members, including engineers, architects, designers, developers, researchers, scientists, and QA.
- Shape the development of our content management system with your writing expertise.
- Participate in collaborative content reviews.
- Advocate for the customer in all aspects of your job.
- Help define our teams strategy and vision while also independently managing your own projects.
- Adhere to the GAMA-1 Transition ITIL and CMMI-based processes and standards for delivering consistent quality of service
- Ensure your program/projects are auditable (GAMA-1 quality processes applied).
- Proactively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Establish critical client and internal relations to navigate opposition to change using emotional intelligence and superb proactive communication skills
- Prepare presentations and required materials to lead and conduct project system or application migration reviews
- Prepares documentation necessary for project migration planning and system lifecycle compliance
- Coordinates with customers and product owners to document process, procedures, reporting, and schedules
- Develop and maintain, as needed, migration/transition processes, plans, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and other documents.
- Ensures all existing migration processes are fully documented, suggesting improvements, updating documentation, and communicating all process changes to relevant stakeholders
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer's objectives in migrating to the Cloud
- Develop strong relationships and build advocacy with key decision-makers
- Create and generate clear and concise communication plans for each Cloud Migration project
- Identify and provide context for potential service or other opportunities
The successful candidate must be self-driven and possess the analytical skills to resolve challenging technical documentation issues, often through collaboration with other technical subject matter experts. The candidate will serve as a technical writer resource to the team regarding all migration planning and processes. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to think strategically about the customer's business needs and requirements, propose and develop documentation and communication clearly and professionally.
- Excellent writing skills, including thoughtful information hierarchy, great sentence structure, and a conversational yet professional voice.
- Embrace a user-centric approach to focus on what the customer needs, not what the system does.
- Experience exploring a customers problem space and addressing their needs through documentation.
- Exceptional audience analysis, written and verbal communication, and problem solving.
- Strong grasp of user experience fundamentals.
- Portfolio of writing samples that communicate technical information in a modern, conversational voice and tone.
- Knowledge of and experience with technical audiences, cloud engineers, cybersecurity, and federal system managers strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to make complex technical subjects easy to comprehend.
- Passion for seizing opportunities for improvement at every turn.
- Demonstrated consultative approach to business problem solving internally or with the client/prospects and partners
- Experience identifying key business opportunities and initiatives, solutions, and overall strategy for meeting business objectives
- Ability to scope and create technical documentation through business needs analysis, including critical thinking and analytical reasoning that identifies the business opportunity with the most compelling ROI analysis, business benefits, acceptable risk profiles, and success factors
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Knowledge of Cloud development patterns and strategies (including IaaS, PaaS, Security, Compute, Storage, and networking)
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- United States Citizen
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or other related disciplines
- 4+ years of Infrastructure Technical Writing Experience in large-scale IT Enterprise Infrastructure Systems and Application Migration Management Experience (cloud and on-prem infrastructure)
GAMA-1 is a rapidly growing technology business that is based in Greenbelt, Maryland. GAMA-1 Technologies provides strategic information assurance, information security, and business enterprise and networking solutions to the Federal Government. Our success is based on the utilization of industry and agency standards, establishment of standardized processes, and IT Services expertise. At GAMA-1, we believe employees should grow, achieve, and develop just as the company grows, achieves, and develops. GAMA-1 is committed to providing our employees with opportunities for career advancement throughout their employment. For more information, visit www.gama1tech.com
GAMA-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AddressSilver Spring, MD
Get fresh Writing Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.