GALA North America Inc Dublin, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Successful candidate ensures our company resources of human and physical assets are properly directed towards satisfying our Customers. Come join a growing Manufacturing team!.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Position hours: 2nd shift (2pm-10pm)
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plan manpower assignments and schedules in support of the workload ensuring the most efficient and cost-effective use of both human and material resources.
- Confirms all required documentation and computer entries are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Provides employees in manufacturing with continuous instruction on proper techniques and procedures. Performs follow-up checks during the shift and provides management with feedback regarding the performance of individual employees.
- Provide for safety and security of employees and Company property by ensuring a safe working environment that exceeds OSHA requirements and assuring that all operations follow all corporate policies and government regulations.
- Handle all day-to-day supervisory responsibilities for personnel related to training, work performance evaluation, and disciplinary actions per company policy.
- Partners and collaborates with other leaders to maintain a balanced workflow and to efficiently utilize available resources.
- Ensures product quality and that all manufacturing activities follow or exceed applicable quality procedures and standards. Must be able to recognize defects or errors in all production work centers.
- Identify, document, and implement procedures to reduce costs, eliminate waste, and improve overall efficiency.
- Attends and participates in regular process meetings to discuss daily performance and actions to address challenges.
- Elevates daily challenges when support is needed to Leader/Manager or necessary support function.
- Communicates with on-shift counterpart on labor movements to ensure plant is running in tune with the priority list.
- Performs other like or similar tasks as assigned.
- Ability to achieve results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, and will involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Able to deal with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position include:
- Leads Through Positive Influence – Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work/personal life, takes personal responsibility for personal development, and models leadership qualities such as: motivation, inspiration, passion, and trust.
- Coaches and Develops Others – Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Executes with Excellence – Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, and can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides Clear and Strategic Direction – Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, can visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Minimum H.S Diploma or equivalent with combination of experience and education
- Four (4) year college degree preferred
- Experience working in a Manufacturing environment
- Previous frontline leadership, supervisory experience in an industrial setting, i.e., Coordinator, Supervisor, Lead and etc.
Skills & Experience:
· Proven manufacturing operations experience.
· Computer Skills (MS Office).
· Experience in sampling and qualifying new processes.
· Ability to work in inch/metric.
· Familiar with required measuring equipment.
· Practical statistics knowledge.
· Experience with ISO 9001 is preferred.
· Manufacturing experience (automation, hand assembly, packaging, automated manufacturing facility).
· Works positively in a team environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills throughout all levels.
· Logical hands-on problem-solving skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
· Experience with high speed/volume manufacturing.
· Experience with consumer products packaging lines.
· Seeking high energy, strong work ethic, good people skills and ability to problem solve.
Base salary + 10% incentive & benefits package. Excellent Opportunity.
GALA North America
3994 Pepperell Way Dublin, VA 24084
Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO)
GALA North America Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at GALA North America Inc