Summary of Job Function:
- The Industrial Engineer (IE) creates and manages Engineering Master that contain Bills of Materials (BOM) for all GAL product lines. The IE will document policies for purchased parts or fabricated assemblies. They will participate the Control Change board process for any change related to GAL product lines and release control on all versions/issues of components.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, or equivalent required
- Moderate Lean Manufacturing Background preferred
- Moderate MRP/ERP background preferred
- Moderate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Supply chain
- Moderate Knowledge of Electrical/Electronic and Mechanical Assemblies
- Experience in manufacturing product data preferred
- Create all engineering master documents for assemblies for all GAL product lines
- Develop production cost reports, operations, routings, and task cycle time studies
- Document on going purchasing policies for all purchased parts or assemblies
- Maintain masters and parts data in conjunction with manufacturing, supplier, and product changes
- Document the various costs associated with the creation and launch of a new or existing product
- Process product changes and release control on all versions/issues of components
- Create product structure bill of materials (BOM) for assemblies
Work Environment & Hazards
- General Office Environment
- General Manufacturing Environment
Special Physical Demands
- Limited physical effort. Requires occasional moving of materials and equipment.
Work Contact Group
- Moderate contact with the manufacturing departments and limited contact to all other departments within G.A.L.