Plant Manager/ Operations Manager USPS
The Plant Manager shall provide overall distribution center management coordination and serve as the central point of contact for a U.S. Government contract to perform receipt, processing, repair, storage, inventory management, and trailer loading of Mail Transport Equipment (MTE).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision for the Contractor employees to include but not limited to, planning and managing the contract professionally
- Coaching and mentoring supervisors and leads, ensuring that work is scheduled properly to obtain maximum use of resources
- Ensure that accurate and timely reports are provided; effective supervision to prevent inefficient or wasteful methods in the performance of services ordered
- Execute cost saving factors and quality controls to ensure work is performed as scheduled and at a fair and reasonable cost
- Understand and meet established productivity and quality control goals associated with assigned functional area / process
- Follow established guidelines in performing day-to-day routine tasks as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Technical Manuals.
- Adhere to Postal Service and Company policies and procedures
- Ability to use e-mail to receive and disseminate workload tasks and information
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers, site management team, Company management and Postal Service employees regarding operations and policies at the MTESC
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned in association with established Management and Contract Compliance Plan, Storage Plan and workload requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
As a minimum, the Plant Manager shall possess a degree in Distribution/Warehouse Management, Business Management, or Business Administration (minimum Bachelor's Degree) and at least five years of experience in Distribution/Warehouse Management, or at least ten years of management experience in operations similar in size and complexity to the operation offered in this contract. Experience shall include a minimum of three years of experience using automated warehouse management systems within the past five years. The Plant Manager shall possess the knowledge and skills required to plan, control, manage, and successfully complete the work.
SUMMARY OF JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing the English language
- US Postal Service experience preferred
Physical and Mental Demands
- Including, but not limited to, standing, squatting, lifting (up to 50 pounds); carrying, walking; pushing and pulling
- Including, but not limited to, problem-solving, decision-making, data interpretation, organization; reading and writing
Location- One of 19 locations of MTESC
This job description may be changed at the discretion of the requirement. Position is contingent upon award.
G4i StaffingSterling, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.