IT Support Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Support Technician
As an IT Support Technician, you will play a dual role of supporting our diverse windows and Linux office/lab IT infrastructure as well as providing support to our Production and Test Teams. This role supports G3 in producing our innovative and unique wireless solutions and products.
• Troubleshoot and repair Windows and Ubuntu/CentOS/Rocky Linux issues
• Build Windows and dual boot laptops using Salt
• Keep servers up to date using WSUS and Ansible
• Deploy and troubleshoot desktop applications including MS Office suite and open source software
• Assist in test automation and testing of computer components built into the G3 product line
Skills and Knowledge/Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Experience with assembling and testing computers/computer hardware (including printers, scanners, etc.)
• Proficient in Linux administration
• Proficient understanding of computers and networking
• Strong verbal/written communications skills (MS Office, Excel, Visio)
• Team-oriented character
• Highly motivated
• Ability to work independently and multitask
• Strong commitment to continuous learning
Minimum Education and Experience:
• IT Certification or Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
• 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
Additional Desired Skills:
• Experience managing inventory and using inventory database/management tools
• Windows Administration
• VMware or QEMU experience
• HTML/web design
• SQL database/query
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Ability to build custom Ethernet cables
• Programming skills (scripts or any high level languages such as Bash, Python, Powershell, etc.)
G3 Technologies, Inc. is a dynamic company providing state-of-the-art wireless technology solutions, specializing in software development, cellular technology, wireless protocols, signal processing and systems integration. We are a nimble, non-bureaucratic company characterized by technological innovation, extraordinary effort, and dedication to our customers, employees, and suppliers.
The atmosphere is fast-paced and agile, shifting rapidly to meet the pressing needs of our customers. Team mentality, excellent work ethic, initiative, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit are key factors to your success here.
G3 Technologies Inc offers generous benefits, including:
- Generous and Flexible Vacation/Paid Time Off plan
- Company-paid Medical and Prescription benefits
- Company-paid Dental benefits
- Company-paid Vision benefits
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- 401k Matching
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional voluntary benefits are available
We have several exciting new opportunities available at our Berkeley Heights, New Jersey office (30 miles west of NYC).
G3 Technologies, Inc.
400 Connell DrNewark, NJ
Get fresh Information Technology Support Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.