G2 is looking for a candidate to fill the Operations Manager role at Des Moines International Airport, Des Moines, IA. The ideal candidate will have had 2 years or more of management or supervisory experience as well as an extensive customer service, wheelchair or cabin service background (preferably contract services). The position is responsible for efficient and effective management of airline support operations including, ground handling, both customer service and ramp service, wheelchair service, bag service, and line queue management. This role requires management of a large number of employees, as well as developing and maintaining positive client relations. Position will also be responsible for training and accountable for associated administrative duties.
- Manage the day-to-day operations with primary responsibility over scheduling/staffing, managing daily budgeted hours, and limiting overtime of the operation.
- Train/retrain all personnel in airline/airport procedures, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Responsible for the scheduling of all airport employees insuring adequate coverage.
- Maintain good employee relations. Handle employee problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Client Relations -- effectively communicate with senior airline management and project a positive image in responding to inquiries from airlines, staff and the public.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Various administrative functions including tracking training, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Motivated leaders who are willing to roll-up their sleeves and work alongside the employees.
- 2 years of progressive management experience in a Customer Service environment preferred.
- Operations or Airline experience required. Prefer some ground handling and ramp experience.
- Working knowledge of financial reports and budgets.
- Willingness and ability to relocate if currently living outside the Kansas City area.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; Word, Excel, data entry skills.
- Flexibility, multitasking and experience working in a changing environment.
- A Competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunities
- Full benefit package