Senior Director, Project Management
- Expired: June 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our mission is to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer by developing and commercializing innovative cancer therapies. We know how a cancer diagnosis affects a person and their family, and we are driven every day to improve outcomes for those who have received the diagnosis. We do this by driving adoption of our first FDA-approved breakthrough drug for appropriate patients with extensive-stage small cell lung cancer and by developing our robust, late-stage clinical pipeline assessing the potential for our medicine in a variety of tumors and cancer treatment settings.
Our strategy leverages the experience of the G1 team and our deep experience in inventive and responsible drug development and commercialization. G1 provides a professional, diverse, inclusive, and creative working environment where individuals can thrive. We are driven to succeed by the patient communities we seek to help. We offer an opportunity to bring your best every day, and in doing so, profoundly help people living with cancer. Patients are waiting.
G1 Therapeutics is currently recruiting a Senior Director, Project Management to join our team in Research Triangle Park, NC, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. In the role of Senior Director, Project Management, you will be responsible for supporting the current workload and deliverables for the ongoing portfolio of studies and future clinical development pipeline, provide oversight, management, and delegation of work to the Project Management Department, serve as a key member of the Therapeutic Strategy Leadership Team to provide strategic input for our clinical development pipeline and portfolio of projects, and improve our project management processes and systems for financial oversight and on-time project delivery. The position will also serve on the Senior Leadership Team.
To be successful in this role, you must have knowledge of oncology drug development, working knowledge of project management principles and processes, ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Support the current workload and deliverables for the ongoing portfolio of studies and future clinical development pipeline
- Provide oversight, management, and delegation of work to the Project Management Department
- Oversee, manage, and serve as a primary point of contact for timelines, financial scope, and risk management for all functions for the development programs
- Work closely with project leader(s) and vendors to ensure milestones, project scope, and key deliverables are met
- Engage and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure vendor strategy and operations support the organizational goals and timelines at all levels
- Work closely with finance regarding forecasting, financial management, and scope changes
- Work closely with all corporate functions to ensure development programs are in alignment with organizational goals and that information needs are met accurately and in a timely fashion
- Serve as a key member of the Therapeutic Strategy Leadership Team to provide strategic input for our clinical development pipeline and portfolio of projects
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with external vendor leadership to optimize the value of these relationships for the Company.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives for project management processes and systems to optimize financial oversight and on-time project delivery
- Other duties assigned
- The candidate must have a BA/BS degree or equivalent; health science degree or biologic science degree is preferred. A minimum of 12+ years of direct experience in the pharmaceutical industry. PMP certification preferred.
- The candidate should have significant experience leading cross functional teams
- Excellent understanding of drug development planning in oncology
- Track record of excellence in the strategic development of compounds from preclinical development through submission, including the design and management of clinical development plans for new molecular entities and new indications for established products, reflecting a commitment to goals and delivery of results within planned timeframes and budgets
- The candidate must have a good working knowledge of medical terminology, physiology and pharmacology and an excellent knowledge of applicable U.S. and international regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of clinical research across functions
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills are required, with a proven ability to manage budgets
- Experience in personnel management
- The candidate should be detail-oriented, a self- starter and be comfortable with broad responsibilities in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, small company environment
Why Join Us?
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. All employees are issued laptops, and our office staff all have height-adjustable desks, access to a stocked kitchen, and multiple employee events throughout the year. We also offer a competitive benefits package, including generous PTO, to support the health and happiness of our staff.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
G1 Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at G1 Therapeutics are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
G1 Therapeutics, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at G1 Therapeutics, Inc.