Commercial Construction Building Superintendent / Traveling
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Construction Superintendent
- Full Time
- $80.000.00 – $115,000.00
Medical & Dental
10 days Paid Time Off (succeeding 1st year)
6 Major Holidays/Year
Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance
- Primary responsibility for this position is to provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budgets.
- Project Manager
- Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety, inventory, daily progress reports, photos and communications with office.
General Summary of Duties:
- Construction superintendents monitor projects from planning to completion, including tasks such as budgeting manpower & resources, and scheduling. Assisting in the creation and monitoring good execution of the project schedule. They follow quality control procedures, enforce standards, and adhere to the safety and security needs of the construction site.
- Travel to jobsites daily for personnel/job management and progress review.
- Assist in the scheduling & coordinating of subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team in a timely manner.
Walk project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors, regarding work or scheduling.
Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of verifiable experience
Verifiable Experience in Commercial Construction Industry for projects over $50k.
Minimum 2-year college degree
- Provide direction to and resolve problems for up to 30+ subcontractors and vendors.
Mental and Visual Requirements:
Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- Physically lift to waist height 100 lbs.
Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs, ladders and/or other elevated structure.
Uses personal computer approximately 4-5 hours per day.
Uses telephone and email to communicate with company management, consultants, contractors, and co-workers, approximately 5-6 hours per day.
Visits project sites several times throughout shift; moves about the project sites on a regular basis.
Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, and computer.
- Construction Superintendents supervise on-site activity. Construction Superintendents may have a main office but spend most of their time in a field office onsite, where they monitor projects and make decisions about construction activities.
G.M. Crisalli & Associates, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great people to work with, great work environment, competitive pay and benefits, community oriented leadership
Established Commercial Construction Company serving clients in the Northeastern, Midwestern and Mid-Atlantic United States. Located in Central New York for 33 years. Our company mission is to serve our clients with excellence. Building High Quality, Environmentally responsible, Socially conscientious projects on Budget and on Time.