Educational Requirements / Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business or Accounting is preferred or equivalent work experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years residential and commercial real estate accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to effectively execute assignments and meeting stringent deadlines. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize a wide range of responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel
- Proficient in Skyline Property Management Accounting software (required)
- Uses a computer in conjunction with various software packages the majority of the day
- Detail-oriented. Must have outstanding follow up and follow through
- Your ability to learn and your drive to be the best is the most important long term skill we seek in our candidates
- Understanding of lease language
- Consistently accurate
- Ability to keep information strictly confidential
- Must have knowledge of RAP (Rental Assistance Programs)
- Handles: one commercial / residential property, two residential condominium associations (94 units), residential rental units (129 units)
- Handles the day-to-day lease obligations and all details that arise in the administration of the properties
- Maintains relationships with tenants
- Process rent and occupancy related receipts. Note that we are transitioning to a receivables platform, Clickpay.
- Has working knowledge of all clauses of Tenant’s Leases
- Notifies Tenants of any default in performance of Lease terms. Ensures that Lease changes and rent increases are taking place in accordance with the Lease terms.
- Enters Leases, renewals, assignments into Skyline
- Provides information to landlord for new and renewal negotiations
- Receive all tenant requests, log and dispatch all complaints to facility manager / property superintendent or other person as necessary. Follow up with tenants promptly.
- Receive and keep up-to-date files on all correspondence from tenants and lease files, tenant insurance tickler files, and service contract files and property files. Prepare tenant invoices.
- Prepare, review and research aged receivable reports. Work with tenants and management to resolve any aged items. Initiate late payment calls, reconcile A/R, and follow-up on collections as required. Work with legal to file evictions for non-paying tenants.
- Maintain current and complete certificates of insurance for all tenants in files. Maintain follow-up system for expiration
- Prepare abstract of leases and other real estate documents
- Track and file HVAC and other contracts as required in tenant leases
- Run credit checks
- Common Area Maintenance reconciliations for properties and electric/utility reconciliations
- Reports insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Establish, prepare, review and monitor budgets; review all expenses and report any unusual variances and provide information detailing causes and corrective action.
- Receive, enter and properly code all invoices for approval. Check all invoices for accuracy.
- Process and pay the invoices internally and through third party vendor, AvidXchange.
- Work with vendors on clearing up any billing problems if necessary
- Ensure that Purchase orders are signed before payments are processed
- Ensures invoices match contract pricing.
- Scanning of all documents for properties managed including but not limited to leases, partnership documents, invoices, agreements, contracts etc.
- Creation and distribution of client (owner) reports.
- Special projects as assigned
- Phone support
- Reconciliation of monthly bank statements, plus maintaining security deposit accounts
- Projections and budgeting as required
- Record incoming checks into log book and issue copies to management.
- Contract/Warranty book updates
- Maintain files for Mortgage & Guarantee information on properties
- Analyses of utility accounts and reconciliations as necessary
G.B. Ltd. Oper. Co., Inc.
Why Work Here?
Local, established company (45 yrs) with great benefits and a dynamic working environment.