Location: Fremont, CA
Duration: 1 Year
The primary responsibilities of the MEGASYS® Technician is to perform the following tasks with minimum supervision at a customer’s site: daily rounds and readings on gas and chemical delivery equipment, troubleshoot and escalate equipment related alarms and issues, inspect, receive and stage gas and chemical containers, prioritize and respond to customer requests, change out gas and chemical containers, data entry using multiple software platforms (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), follow and adhere to all customer and company procedures and work practices.
**Hazardous Materials experience is needed!! Safe storage and handling of hazardous materials
Qualification / Requirements:
- High school diploma, technical degrees or relevant technical training
- Proven ability to work safely in industrial environments and have the ability to follow and adhere to safety and quality practices and procedures
- Mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and hands-on electrical/electronic experience; Mechanical experience highly desirable
- Proficient in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent communication skills and strong technical writing skills
- Experience with hazardous gases and chemicals (a plus)
- Must be a strong team player and able to work 12-hour shifts
- Willing to work multiple shifts including nights
Work Hours: 12hr shifts – 06:00 to 18:00 compressed shift and 18:00 to 06:00 compressed shift. Must be available to work weekends.
Top three must haves:
1) Must be a strong team player able to work 12-hour shifts and work with minimal supervision
2) Proven ability to work safely in industrial environments and can follow and adhere to procedures (Military experience seems to be a good fit, especially the Navy)
3) Strong mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills, and basic understanding of electrical components
Since 1970, we have been bringing the energy industry's people and projects together. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we strive to be the premier choice for energy job opportunities around the world. We are industry experts and have worked with the leading EPC, Operating and Service companies on upstream, midstream and downstream developments. Today, we have operations in over 20 countries supported by key regional offices in Brazil, Canada, Romania, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. Over the last 40+ years, we have developed our services to encompass more than recruitment and job placement to ensure our employees enjoy a successful and rewarding career. We focus on delivering superior recruitment and employee management, global mobility and project life-cycle solutions.
Whether you have a background as an Administrative Assistant, a Mechanical Engineer or a Piping Designer, your energy expertise is needed at G.A.S. Global. We want you to be a part of the G.A.S. Global team.