Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 12 months
Primary responsibility of this position will be to provide technical support for the Bakken non-operated development. The successful candidate will work in Houston with other team members.
Responsibilities may include:
• Ability to serve as cross-functional support as an Engineering or Geoscience Technician
• Work with Reservoir Performance to understand and quantify the production impacts from differences in competitor completion designs
• Perform and collaborate with the Williston Implementation Team and/or Reservoir Characterization Team on subsurface and well performance studies as needed
• Update, create and manage database materials
• Research database errors and provide solutions
• Maintain and build upon functionality in Spotfire tools
• Assist engineers in the analysis and presentation of the data
• Build and format Excel spreadsheets, manipulating data between Excel and Access and other platforms
• Retrieve and analyze production, financial and KPI data used in program management, trend analysis and benchmarking discussions
• Retrieve and organize well information, completion and production data
• Track life cycle dates of well (Spud, Rig Release, Online) by reviewing drilling & Completion reports for key events
• Assist engineers in all stages of development, analysis and presentation of data using knowledge of spreadsheets and other company software such as Generwell, Wellview, PEEP, Mosaic, OFM, Enerdeq, Openworks, and Spotfire etc.
• Coordinate and assist engineers with reserves analysis and documentation.
• Coordinate document management initiatives
• Contact partners to retrieve missing reports or data
• Proactively seek out new data and sources that could help gain insights into what is happening in the basin
• Lead data improvement initiatives such as digital partner data exchanges
• Support LRP and outlook process as it relates to the OBO program
• Support post-audit reviews on OBO projects and incorporate findings future evaluations and in the operated program
• The individual should be self-motivated and capable of independent problem solving without supervision while involving multiple groups or disciplines.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• 7+ years of relevant experience on data gathering, data management and data manipulation in a variety of software applications
• 5+ years of experience as an Engineering or Geoscience Technician
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Proficient in Spotfire
• Intermediate programming skills (example: VBA, Python, etc.)
• 7+ years of previous oil industry experience
• Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in engineering, computer-related field, science
• High level of initiative, energy, and creativity
• Strong analytical skills with a practical approach to problem-solving
• Organizational skills - ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Adaptability to a changing environment
• Eagerness to learn and grow professionally
• Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
• Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
• Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
• Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor.