- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Assignment Type: Contract Hire
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Duration: 6 months
- Pay rate is hourly & DOE
This is an employee-owned engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company with a 100-year legacy of innovations in sustainable infrastructure. They go beyond the project. They break down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life’s critical resources accessible to all. Their work empowers our clients with the knowledge, ownership and confidence they need to make meaningful differences.
• Building a World of Difference
• Sustainable infrastructure advances lives, lifts communities, protects the planet and enables global prosperity.
• With innovative thinkers, Trusted advisors who deliver excellence – and define commitment – to our clients. They hire Individuals with the expertise to continually transform today’s technology into tomorrow’s safe, long-lasting infrastructure.
The Structural Engineer functions in a mid-level engineering capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate.
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with the Company’s quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area.
- May provide direction and guidance to others.
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects.
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work.
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership.
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit.
- Mostly in a support role for the larger projects and primary lead for smaller projects, conducting site visits, inspections and some local/regional travel.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- Knowledge of ACI350 is a plus.
- Experience with inspection of condition assessments is a plus.
- Learning on the fly.
- Problem solving.
- Intellectual horsepower.
- Written communications.
- Drive for results.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
« Contract hire
« Full time
« 6 months
« Estimated start date = 1/3/22
« # of Positions= 1
« Country= USA
« Address: Phoenix, AZ 85016
• Engineering Design
• Problem Solving
• Change Management
• Project Leadership
• Structural Engineer
• Body Engineering
• Business Development
• Design Engineering
• Materials Selection
• Quality Program
*Notes from Intake call-
• They need water treatment, wastewater, water plants exp – must have
• 3 to 6 years exp
• Previous exp in concrete design, masonry design and steel design (roofs and pipe supports)
• Need to be able to work on multiple projects
• Will interact daily with Project Manager and Engineering Manager but not the client
• Plants that you are working are in anywhere in between 50 to 70 years old
• Sometimes you might go to the site and do a walk thru
• Currently is a remote job but at some point, they might go back to the office
• Needs candidates local 2 to 3 hours at the most away for walk thru
• Concrete design and ACI-350 (is the code they need to be familiar with)
• Required a BS in Civil Engineering- must have
• Masters Degree in Structural would be great
Our founding business ideal is to remember that our people are our real value and that they make G.A.S. Global successful: Dedicated to Manpower. Committed to People.
G.A.S. Global ServicesWhy Work Here?
It is our number one priority to build strong and positive relationships.
G.A.S. Global is different than other manpower providers. We are global and we work globally to harness the energy skills you need. At G.A.S. Global, it is our number one priority to build strong, positive relationships. More importantly, we recognize that success requires more than building and maintaining relationships – it takes commitment. We stay involved during the recruiting and hiring process, throughout employment and termination, as well as after employment. Our founding business ideal is to remember that our people are our real value and that they make G.A.S. Global successful: Dedicated to Manpower. Committed to People.