Senior Project Controls Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Walnut Creek, CA
Type of Employment
They are a family of companies with an unmatched team of 7,600 engineers, construction professionals, architects, technologists, and scientists. Their singular mission since 1898 has been to make their clients successful. When they plan, design, permit, construct and manage projects worldwide, they do it like they own it.
The Company delivers projects with an integrated construction and design mindset because everything is connected — design, procurement, sequencing the construction site. They leverage their knowledge, technology, and commitment of ownership to deliver safe, innovative, and quality projects. They are designed to build. They are owned by active employees, creating a level of motivation that keeps the company on top
They care about essential infrastructure — the people who build it and the people who use it. For the next day’s problem or the next decade’s vision, they work harder and smarter to design, build and deliver.
They are a 100% employee-owned company. They tackle every technical challenge, every complex detail, with the intent and attention of an owner. It’s what brings our clients back, project after project.
Sustainability is deeply embedded within their firm. It boosts innovation, drives strategy, and informs decisions as they design, engineer, and build extraordinary projects around the world. They invest in the communities where they live and work, they support a healthier planet, and they reaffirm their commitment to each other as employee-owners.
The Senior Project Controls Specialist leads project controls processes and consults with the project management team to ensure client satisfaction. Presents schedule and budget status reports to project management team and client. Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of a reporting data warehouse to produce valuable program controls reports and data for multiple large projects.
- Responsible for the development of effective scheduling reports, cost reports, cash flow reports and forecasts for multiple projects.
- Analyzes and evaluates schedule management involving the critical path method of scheduling techniques, estimating, project cost management, forecasting and document control.
- Provide leadership and training to team members ensuring the resolution of difficult project control issues.
- Responsible for engineering, procurement, and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Responsible for Earned Value Management system reporting.
- Identify and oversee Risk management process.
- Interfaces with project management team and accounting department to review project costs and contingency costs and support external audits.
- Expert in negotiation of prima agreements, construction contracts/subcontracts and joint venture agreements.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have field experience in order to facilitate and produce detailed construction schedules and interface those construction schedules with engineering and procurement activities.
- A minimum of 8 years direct project controls experience.
- Prior experience with critical path scheduling, project cost management, estimating and document control required.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert user of Microsoft office, Oracle Primavera P6 project management software, and Earned Value Management system.
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10-hour safety certification.
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Must be able to pass drug screen & criminal background check
Our founding business ideal is to remember that our people are our real value and that they make G.A.S. Global successful: Dedicated to Manpower. Committed to People.
G.A.S. Global ServicesWhy Work Here?
It is our number one priority to build strong and positive relationships.
G.A.S. Global is different than other manpower providers. We are global and we work globally to harness the energy skills you need. At G.A.S. Global, it is our number one priority to build strong, positive relationships. More importantly, we recognize that success requires more than building and maintaining relationships – it takes commitment. We stay involved during the recruiting and hiring process, throughout employment and termination, as well as after employment. Our founding business ideal is to remember that our people are our real value and that they make G.A.S. Global successful: Dedicated to Manpower. Committed to People.
AddressWalnut Creek, CA