· Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering is a cross-functional team having the primary responsibility to plan and implement the launch of new vehicle programs at assembly plants. The Manufacturing Engineer candidate will be a part of this team and be responsible for the following:
· Deliver Manufacturing Delivery Quality Operating System requirements for your specific System (Body, Electrical, Powertrain, Suspension, Exterior, Interior, Body).
· Collaborate with Product Development team to generate facility & tooling costs, improve quality, and reduce labor requirements.
· Use virtual tools to evaluate the feasibility of new model designs for high volume assembly operations.
· Write/modify/maintain process sheets and deliver updated Cycle Line Layouts.
· Lead identification, resolution, and closure of feasibility issues.
· Create and follow a master schedule for the design, build, and implementation of tools in your subsystem.
· Lead assembly tooling installation, start-up, and commissioning at the assembly site. In addition, support tooling buy-offs @ vendor facilities.
· Lead identification, resolution, and closure of all Manufacturing specific product and tooling issues.
· Develop "Lessons Learned" from New Model launches and implement Prevent Reoccurrence Actions into future programs. Support Department Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People, Morale, Environment, and Innovation (SQDCPMEI) initiatives.
· Interface with cross-functional activities (Product Development, Supplier Technical Assistance, Material Planning & Logistics, New Model Programs).
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Strong Project Management skills and result oriented mindset –
· Strong computer skills (Excel, Power Point, etc.)
· 3D CAD review abilities (Teamcenter, VisMockup, CATIA, or equivalent)
· Understanding of PFMEA and failure mode avoidance principles
· Strong verbal & written communication and presentation skills
· Ability to operate in stressful situations within timing constraints Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
· Automotive Manufacturing Engineering experience required
· Experience w/automotive assembly tooling, processes and facilities required
· Bachelor degree in Engineering