· Collects, analyzes and summarizes data to support business decisions.
· Identifies opportunities for reuse of data across the enterprise.
· Validates data sources.
· Keeps abreast of new Tools & Technology and functionalities across the application(s).
· Works closely with customers, vendors, business analysts and application development project teams to resolve information flow and content issues.
· Ensure data integrity and compliance by performing data profiling and data validations.
· Facilitates meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
· Gathers data and reporting requirements.
· Detects and summarizes patterns in data and findings by producing simple reports and works with development teams for problem resolutions.
· Analyzes and documents client's business requirements and processes and communicates these requirements by constructing conceptual data and process models, including data dictionaries and volume estimates from organization.
· Collaborates with work teams, departments, system leadership, staff, other IT groups, and technology vendors to define needs and facilitate solutions.
· Provides input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
· Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design.
· Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project.
· Assists in coordinating business analyst tasks on information technology projects, problem tickets and provide support to other team members.
· Provides support, escalation response to production problem issues/errors.
· Performs root cause analysis and application resolution
· Provides on call second-level escalation response for client issues and problem tickets
· Assists in providing time estimates for project related tasks.
· Ensure proper documentation and on-time delivery of all functional artifacts and deliverables.
* Healthcare experience includes knowledge of EDI transactions; knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, commercial products; understanding of ACA.
* Experience with FACETS, IKA, PEGA and Windows and UNIX operating systems is preferred.
* Good understanding of HIPAA data Privacy and Security requirements.
* Experience in data warehousing, Data Mart environments.
* Deep expertise with Oracle database including SQL/ PL SQL, indexing, partitioning, views, materialized views, performance tuning and optimization.
* Understands Star Schema, Snow flake, Data Warehouse methodologies like Bill Inmon and Ralph Kimball
* Experience with UNIX operating systems and Oracle database is preferred.
Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors as outlined in the HFHS' Customer Service Policy and summarized below: Communication Ownership Understanding Motivation Sensitivity Excellence Teamwork Respect Must practice the customer skills as provided through on-going training and in-services. Must possess the following personal qualities: Be self-directed Be flexible and committed to the team concept Demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn Be open to new learning experiences Accepts and respects diversity without judgment Demonstrates customer service values
· Education: * Bachelor's degree required.
· Five (5) years of applicable work experience required; 3 years applicable experience in a Healthcare setting preferred.
· Preferred technical experience includes strong knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering approaches in design, build, test, debugging problems, and ongoing technical support, and ability to articulate examples of workflows and processes associated with that experience.
· Good understanding of HIPAA data Privacy and Security requirements.
· Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
· Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
· .* Experience with the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).