Growing security and life safety integration company is looking for an experienced HR Generalist who can also perform administrative work for ownership. We specialize in burglar alarm, fire alarm, CCTV, access control systems, intercom systems and IT services. We service, install, inspect, monitor and integrate these services. Three years minimum previous HR Generalist experience required. Business Administrative degree with a specialization in HR is preferred. Candidate must be able to provide proof of at least 12 CEU credit hours in HR and payroll within the last twelve months via in classes or webinar trainings.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Always maintain a high level of professionalism both in manner and appearance
- Maintain confidentiality of all Company and customer passwords, data and other information that you will have privileged access to
- Payroll preparation and processing on a weekly basis for two companies including but not limited to: Compiling, cross checking timesheets to service slips, totaling timesheets, verifying start times, verifying time off, updating time and attendance records, entering payroll, keeping updated reports, etc.
- Maintaining organized policies and procedures and documenting such for two companies
- Assist with new customer setup
- Certificates of insurance
- Monitoring certificates for customers
- Assisting with recruiting including but not limited to: Posting ads as per federal and state laws, phone screening, scheduling and assisting with interviews, new hire packets, onboarding employees and orientation, set up and maintain employee files as per state and federal regulations, passcode and ID creation, track 90 day and annual reviews and document such, document employee job changes, document wage changes, document verbal, written and final warnings, terminations, maintain I-9s, DOL hearings and correspondence responses, etc. for two companies
- Keeping inventory of Company property (non-parts) i.e. phones, clothing, laptops, ID badges, etc., handling the signing out and in of such property and dispersing and controlling inventory of business cards
- Assist with coordinating company picnics, parties and functions
- Assist with annual Christmas cards including auditing recipient list
- Benefits including but not limited to: Packets for eligible employees, processing applications, waivers, family status changes, benefit questions, continuation paperwork, open enrollment, auditing monthly healthcare invoices, continuing relationships with brokers and insurance companies, shopping for new plans, shopping for new brokers, annual audits, handling tow trucks for vehicles and insurance claims for any policy
- Approval of time off requests, administer leave of absence, disability, etc., tracking attendance, and bringing issues to the attention of management for handling and assist with the documentation of such, etc. for two companies
- Ensuring compliance with OSHA trainings and perform Company wise-safety trainings and maintain documentation of such
- Maintain compliance posters, training vendors and required associations for healthcare
- Staying up to date with HR and payroll laws and compliance and be proactive for educating ownership and rolling out changes on new laws and compliance issues to ensure compliance prior to deadlines
- Provide input on the development of HR Standard Operating Procedures and develop and maintain a HR SOP Book
- Update employee recognition board distribute announcements
- Support employees and managers regarding human resource policies and programs
- Maintain and update Employee Handbook and Safety Handbook for two companies as state and federal laws and rules change and as needed for Company operation
- Provide timely customer service to employees, customers, vendors, etc.
- General clerical work (data entry, printing, filing, faxing, organizing, scanning, copying)
- Working closely with Director of Operations, Sales, Controller and President
- Other administrative tasks as needed
This company does perform background checks. This position does require sitting for long periods of time at a desk, at least 90% of the day.
Please include any certifications and trainings on your resume. Salary $17-21/hour based upon experience. Hours M-F 9:00am-5:30pm. Paid holidays after ninety (90) active days of employment, paid sick days after 120 days and benefits after ninety (90) days of active employment. Benefits include medical, dental, accident, critical illness, disability, and life insurance. The company offers various discount programs for leisure activities, hotels and insurance. Vacation after 1 year of active employment.