Looking for something better? Check out Fuzzy!
We're an in-home preventative health care company based in San Francisco and Manhattan, looking to expand nationwide. If you want to work with a team of positive, enthusiastic people trying to change the profession for the better- you're looking in the right place. Our goal is to keep pets happy and healthy through the education of pet parents and the delivery of gold standard preventative healthcare.
We're looking for veterinary assistant and technicians that understand the importance of the client experience, who love to educate and coach, and who are excited about working with new technologies and innovative healthcare models. Must be able to work weekends and travel around the city!
Looking specifically for approachable, friendly people who can provide excellent client education and communication, can work in a team environment and independently, and can receive constructive criticism and act on it positively.
What you'll do
Assist with appointments
- Assist as a scribe, by capturing as much relevant medical data as possible during exams, maintain client and patient information in our medical record systems, and expedite the completion of medical notes. Ideally, the veterinarian should only need to initial the record to approve it, with your effort completing 98% of the work.
- Assist with holding animals for examination, blood draws, and general prep during appointments (drawing up vaccines, prep for heartworm tests, etc.)
- Keep the vet on time and generally be the vet’s partner in creating awesome client & patient experiences.
- Maintain the stock in the veterinary bags. Be “appointment ready.”
- Keep all medical information up to date. Acquire any follow up vaccination or medical records as needed
- Communicate client and patient needs to HQ team such as necessary medications, membership activation, and next touchpoints (boosters, follow ups)
Assist with client communication and work alongside the Member Experience team to ensure all client questions are answered.
Who you are
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-quality veterinary environment, at least 1-2 years required
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and process
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings, weekends and travel as needed to appointments within the Fuzzy service area
- Take initiative and make suggestions for improvements - we're always working to get better
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (online, over the phone and in person)
- Comfortable assisting in-patient restraint (cats & dogs)
- Team player with the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and fuzzy animals
- Ability to learn and be comfortable with using technology (Fuzzy tools, Google Suite, Slack, etc.)
- Positive mindset and self-motivated
We're a startup and we never want to hear people say “it is what it is.” It is what you MAKE it!