The Warehouse Associate performs receiving, stock keeping, picking, packing and shipping activities. Also responsible for counter sales, housekeeping and related quality assurance activities.
- Handle all incoming shipments.
- Perform verification of purchased products and enter order receipts into client computer system.
- Perform quality assurance inspections when appropriate.
- Place received material, after segregating back orders, into proper warehouse storage locations. When appropriate, relocate and consolidate material and notify management of new bon/table locations.
- Pull, pack, weigh and label materials for shipment (including assemble & hold orders).
- Prepare bills of lading and express receipts.
- Assist in loading the trucks.
- Prepare local delivery records and complete applicable blocks on the pick ticket.
- Maintain appropriate forms pending return of material.
- Inspect condition of returned material prior to completing return authorization forms.
- Pull stock and return it to the correct location pending credit memo, sale or return to supplier.
- Clean warehouse and trucking/parking area.
- Assemble and disassemble bins, racks, shelves and tables as needed.
- Administer preventative maintenance programs to delivery vehicles and warehouse equipment to ensure proper functioning and safety practices for warehouse operations.
- Record verbal/written complaints from customers concerning dissatisfaction with product or service provided. Process the complaint by responding to the customer with the action taken to correct the problem or directing the complaint department supervisor/manager where necessary.
- Maintain counter stock as needed.
- May assist with over the counter sales.
High School Degree or Equivalent
Warehouse - Work is generally performed in a warehouse environment.
The noise level is moderately quiet. Generally well ventilated and well lighted.
Warehouse employees may be exposed to all kinds of weather and may be required to wear protective clothing.
Operates heavy equipment.
Strict safety regulations may be required.
Work is physically strenuous and workers are required to lift heavy packages up to 50 pounds. Employee required to use hand tools.
** This role has the potential for temp-to-perm for the right candidate.
SHIFT TIME- 7:30 am- 4:30 pm
Counterbalance- Propane forklifts in use - associates will be sitting on forklifts and not rising to any heights.
Raymond Reach- Electric Reach truck in use - associates will be standing on reach truck and not rising to any heights.
Ladders in use - 8ft and 12ft - climb height will be between 5-8 ft.
Valid Fork Lift and Reach Truck license with experience driving them.
Warehouse pick/pack/ship/receiving experience a must. Small scale acceptable.
Some back ground of Customer service experience.
Basic Computer program knowledge. Electrical knowledge would be a big plus.
Someone with initiative 2-10 years’ experience.