Base salary DOE + full benefits + relocation - Secret Clearance or Interim Secret Clearance required
The Principal Systems Engineer (System Requirements) for Maritime Systems will lead all aspects of Systems Engineering that drive the development of complex systems that support the U.S. Navy’s missions.
The Principal Systems Engineer (System Requirements) will have a proven technical track record of hands-on experience developing system requirements and performance models in maritime and/or complex electronic products. In addition, you will make key contributions in conceptualizing and capturing (bids/proposals) new product development opportunities. Specific areas of interest include Model Based Engineering (MBE, MBSE, MDA, MDD, and MDE), Systems of Systems (SoS), architecture modeling and analysis of software-intensive systems.
Tasks will primarily support programs in the U.S. Navy’s undersea and surface domains including mine countermeasures, submarines, torpedoes, combat systems, and ship architecture/integration. Position may require occasional travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related discipline and 10+ years of experience in engineering systems to include Technical leadership
- OR MS degree and 8+ years of experience in engineering systems to include Technical leadership
- OR PhD and 6+ years of experience in engineering systems to include Technical leadership
- Significant experience developing and maintaining requirements in DOORS and/or DNG
- Proven experience in leading requirements development
- Experience integrating combat systems into complex DoD Systems
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering defining and creating Enterprise and System level use cases
- Experience leading large DoD software development and maintenance programs
- Ability to generate and present technical documentation, including customer briefings and specifications
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance, or Interim SECRET required prior to start
- Familiarity with Navy systems and product lifecycle
- Experience supporting US Navy and/or DoD customers
- Proven ability to lead technical solutions to complex user requirements
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Experience with Java, C/C++, Python, etc. programming languages
- Experience with Rhapsody or other MBSE tools
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink programming languages for performance predictions and data analysis
- Active Top Secret or ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
Due to the nature of this business, US Citizenship and a DOD Secret Clearance or Interim Secret Clearance is required.
Base salary DOE.
Key Words: Principal, Systems Engineering, System Requirements, Leadership, Complex DOD Systems, Navy, Bids, Proposals, NPD (New Product Development), Model Based Engineering (MBE, MBSE, MDA, MDD, MDE), Systems of Systems (SoS), Architecture Modeling, Analytical, Technical Documentation, Java, C/C++, Python, Rhapsody, MBSE Tools, MATLAB, Simulink, Data Analysis