Base salary DOE + full benefits
The Manager, Plant Engineering develops and implements overall plant technical strategies and tactics focused on engineering projects, maintenance and reliability focused improvement programs. In this role the Manager, Plant Engineering develops and provides leadership to the Early Management (EM) Pillar to ensure implementation of low loss production systems. You will provide solutions to technical problems and recommendations for improvements in production activities and manage the plant technical organization.
The Manager, Plant Engineering develops and leads plant specific engineering and maintenance strategies to achieve key performance goals. Creates and manages all plant technical expense budgets and works with Corporate Engineering to deliver the capital budget. This role is approximately 80% reliability focused and 15% project engineering and 5% miscellaneous.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a Plant or Project Engineer/Manager with experience in managing capital budgets and engineering projects in the food industry.
- Assist plant and provides leadership in establishing safety of all of our associates to World Class Safety and Zero Incidents as the plant’s first objective.
- Support and provide Leadership in Quality and Food Safety to achieve goals of Zero Foreign Material.
- Lead the cross-functional development and implementation of the capital plan including the engagement of related Plant and Corporate functions such as, but not limited to Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Environmental, Operations, Maintenance, Finance and Operations
- Collaborate with the Plant in setting clearly delineated roles, responsibilities and accountabilities consistent with the principles of LOC.
- Fostering a team-based problem-solving methodology.
- Support the Plant in driving business literacy through education of key business issues and concepts.
- Work with Platform Engineering Director to resource projects including, but not limited to Engineering Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert and Start-up Manager roles.
- Assist Plant in delivering financial objectives.
- Support the Plant in conducting internal systems audits as required.
- Support the Plant in providing direction and lead the EM Pillar Team in the development of long- and short-term plans and goals for the Plant.
- Support the Plant in providing project and technical support to the plant and division when required.
- Support the Plant in participating on and leading project teams that improve safety, quality, utilization, labor relations, sanitation, costs and customer service.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize available application computer programs.
- Demonstrate executive maturity through decision making and effective communication with various departments and managers to ensure plant resources are efficiently utilized in maximizing true efficiency.
- Lead the Plant in preparing and conducting necessary team meetings for proper communications and development of teams. Must also have the ability to work with Maintenance, Quality, Production and Warehouse teams to create a cooperative environment.
- Responsible for giving work direction and coordinating mechanical and clerical activities in the maintenance department.
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree required.
- 5 years minimum experience in Food Manufacturing (paper & pulp industry may be substituted with strong reliability & continuous improvement experience)
- Strong reliability & continuous improvement experience and comes with a balance of both project engineering as well as repair and maintenance
- 24-hour plant operation experience
- Strong leadership skills & ability to manage a large team of 100-120 employees in the maintenance & engineering department (10-12 direct reports)
- Demonstrated Reliability and Maintenance experience
- Prevention Maintenance & Prevention Maintenance Optimization experience
- Strong experience with capital plan budgeting & execution (Annual budgets typically run $10M-$40M)
- 3 years of Training experience preferred
- Anaerobic wastewater discharge experience
- Previous experience with achieving World Class Safety and Zero Incidents
- Experience with Early Management Pillar, Conceptual Product Planning preferred
- Availability to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays when required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid computer applications skills
Nice to Have:
- Key Leadership Competencies to include: Integrity/Trust, Ethics/Values, Action Oriented, Conflict Management, Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Managing Diversity, Functional/Technical Skills, Managerial Courage, Priority Setting, Drive for Results, Building Effective Teams, Managing Vision and Purpose.
Local candidates preferred; however, relocation will be offered to a qualified candidate. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor or transfer. Only qualified candidates will be responded to.
Key Words: Engineering, Food Manufacturing, Plant Management, 24-Hour Operation, Leadership, Capital Budgets, Training, Safety, Quality, Food Safety, Anaerobic Wastewater Discharge, Reliability, Continuous Improvement, Project Engineering, Repair, Maintenance