Cloud Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Adar Cloud Systems Engineer (Remote) Job Description
1. The Adar Cloud Engineer is a member of the Adar onboarding team, and works closely with engineering, services leadership, client advisors, and clients to implement and support client digital transformation initiatives in the Adar Private Cloud Powered by VMware and on Azure.
2. Engineers need to have a strong technical understanding of core Azure IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and O365 services. In addition to Azure, candidates will work closely with Adar and client technical stakeholders to build, deploy, upgrade, and migrate existing customer environments in VMware and to Azure.
3. Engineers need to have strong organizational skills to manage projects from start to finish with minimal supervision. Strong skills in Microsoft Windows Administration and support will be required. Some familiarity with the VMware solution stack, application support, networking skills, and good general troubleshooting skills. Our engineering mind-set is focused on successful client outcomes. We are passionate about technology and inspiring team members to seek out innovative approaches to technical challenges.
What you will be doing:
1. Adar provides an Information Technology as a Service solution (ITaaS) to its Private Cloud Customers. These customers span a variety of industries, but a typical customer workload consists of customer servers AD, File/print, Application, Database servers and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure effectively a virtualized instance of a company’s complete IT infrastructure, excluding local components such as printers, and local devices used for access or components hosted by third party vendors such as SaaS application vendors. In some instances, we manage the network configuration of remote devices for basic connectivity to the Adar Private Cloud and setup VPNs to customers and third parties.
2. As a member of the onboarding team, you will work in conjunction with the onboarding manager to assess, plan, execute, and provide early life support for upgrade projects to help Private Cloud customers take advantage of advances in operating system technologies. Most Private Cloud upgrade projects are build-new, migrate, and remove operations. The other major type of project you will be involved in are build new, migrate, and remove operations between the VMware Private Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
3. The ideal candidate will serve as an SME for the rest of the team passing down knowledge and best-practices for improving service delivery, support, and optimizing the customer experience. Systems Engineer will be responsible for support of system development, leadership support, collaboration, and process improvement. This position works under a low level of supervision and performs a high level of independent work while accountable to exemplify a system thinking culture. This position has a high level of industry knowledge and customer interaction relevant technical exchanges. This position will utilize interpersonal skills and technical judgment to balance the demands and risks of the system and stakeholder expectations.
What we are looking for:
IT Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills with a commitment to understanding customer requirements as well as business objectives.
- Ability to provide effective, strategic advice on the use of technology to achieve shared goals.
- Management skills needed to oversee IT initiatives and collaborations with various technical staff.
- Design skills needed to help develop IT systems and networks in virtual environment, ensuring the most effective architecture and functionality.
- Commitment to supporting new technology implementation.
- Constant willingness to help with technical issues, as needed.
- Problem solving skills to revise existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Ability to produce concise yet thorough reports within IT and for other teams as needed.
IT Requirements and Qualifications
- BS/BA in computer science, IT or relevant field.
- Significant experience as IT Professional in a corporate setting.
- VMware, Azure, PowerShell, Kaseya experience highly desirable
- Experience with Router/Firewall configuration (FortiGate, SonicWALL, Cisco, etc)
- Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues quickly and effectively.
- Highly experienced with various operating systems and databases.
- Track record of successful project management.
- Critical thinking skills and an analytical mind with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Enthusiastic about working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Pleasant demeanor and strong customer service skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Cloud Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.