At Future, people are at the heart of everything we do. At Future we have huge ambitions across the globe and it is essential that we are able to target, recruit, onboard and retain amazing talent.
We have recently restructured our HR team evolving into a People and Culture function, we want to make sure that we are supporting and ultimately delivering our ambitions as a business through our most important asset, our people.
Job Summary & Purpose
We’re looking for a dynamic People Partner based in our fast paced NYC offices (just around the corner from Penn station) to drive our People operations across the U.S. and support the next stage of our growth within this region. This role forms part of the Future People & Culture Team, the other 5 roles within the team are UK based.
Responsible for delivering a high level of service to our 200+ employees while embedding, evolving and living by Future’s culture. The People Partner will manage all people related operations and lead the implementation of people policies and procedures, the People Partner will work exceptionally closely with the UK based People team. The People Partner will be our US people specialist so a in-depth understanding of US working practices and legislation is essential.
Key role responsibilities
- Build relationships with staff at all levels across Future to help facilitate change and provide effective support.
- The US is a key area of growth and this position will be heavily involved in that evolution.
- Collaborate with hiring managers for successful talent acquisition and talent management. Build talent programs to ensure efficient recruiting processes and effective talent management.
- Working closely with the Payroll function to ensure the accurate processing of the semi-monthly payroll for all U.S. based employees.
- Oversee the benefits program, including managing the benefit enrolment program, reviews and renewals..
- Evaluate current people processes, programs and policies to ensure efficient and effective delivery of people services by implementing best practices.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal employment laws and compliance requirements.
Essential skills and experience
- You’ll need to love working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment. We need someone who’s proactive and can take ownership of the people and culture plan.
- Ideally you’ll be looking for a progressive role and ready for the next step in your career, either as a HR Business Partner or HR Manager.
- Experience in the media and/or digital industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, preferably SHRM certified.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or other ADP payroll system.
- Proficient in MS Office & G-Suite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to relate with all levels of staff and management.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and maintain professional demeanour and composure under potentially stressful situations.
- Exceptional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.