Position: Shipping and Receiving Assistant. The Shipping and Receiving Assistant verifies and keeps record of incoming and outgoing shipments as well as warehouse operations. This position is responsible for logistics communications, arrangements, data entry, staging and prep work, loading and unloading, packing and shipping.
What we’re about:
We create revolutionary new recreation-transportation products and are creating a new boardsport the world has never experienced. We are a small, fast-moving startup company that values idealism, entrepreneurship and innovation and a combination of intensity, purpose and having fun. Our location in the beautiful town of Santa Cruz, CA is within half a mile from the beach.
Responsibilities + expectations:
- Pick, pack, and process customer orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Warehouse Supervisor in warehouse organization, productivity improvements, and maintaining key metrics in the overall performance of picking, shipping and receiving.
- Work within the safety parameters established for the area
- Maintain neat, clean, and orderly warehouse and storage operations.
- Oversee cycle count and assists with reconciliation process.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Arrange boxes, material, and other industrial equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Route items to appropriate departments, or sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, product code, etc.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with team to rectify damages and shortages.
- Compare identifying information and count items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Load and unload materials, parts, or products from pallets, skids, or trucks.
- Perform quality check to ensure package contents fulfill customer order documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required.
- Physical ability to bend, reach, climb, and lift 75 lbs. without assistance.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Computer skills with a background in MRP desired to include Google Suite
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, procedures, etc.
- One year of related experience in a warehouse or production environment required.
At Future Motion, we create revolutionary new recreation-transportation products. Our company values idealism, entrepreneurship and innovation and a combination of intensity, purpose and having fun. We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, upbeat, organized team players with great attitudes. Perks of joining include a casual dress code, plenty of Onewheel riding, and a fun, positive work atmosphere.
The job is based in our San Jose, CA location. To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter that mentions why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume. Due to the number of applications, we may not be able to contact everyone directly.
Future Motion Inc
San Jose, CA