IT Systems Administrator
Future Fuel Chemical Company
- Posted: over a month ago
IT Systems Administrator
Under limited supervision, the IT Systems Administrator will have dedicated areas of responsibility and oversight with expectation to minimize operational cost and labor and maximize value add to the business. These direct areas of responsibility currently include LAN/WAN, network/Internet security, physical/virtual servers and networked storage, however other duties may be assigned as needed to meet department needs. Outside of their direct area of responsibility, they will have expectations to share in the leadership and support of the entire department serving as a mentor and providing backup support, as needed. Incumbent reports to the Director of IT.
Planning / Project Responsibilities:
- Identify and champion improvements, especially for direct areas of responsibility working with the IT Director to ensure proper alignment with company goals and department resources.
- Complete project work outside of direct areas of responsibility as needed to help minimize peak demand impact to the department backlog.
- Focus efforts on minimizing IT cost and maximizing IT system availability and functionality.
- Identify and work with the IT Director to bring forward new technologies/services/coding techniques/applications to meet company needs.
- Provide timely information to the IT Director relative to material changes in budgeting for areas of responsibility.
- Design systems to protect FFCC intellectual property, employing “least privilege” access design principles as appropriate.
- Leverage scripting languages to help support operational and infrastructure initiatives.
- Leverage resellers and partners where possible to maximize technology coverage while minimizing required company intellectual capital.
- Maintain as necessary project plans and documentation of all system/application builds and modifications.
- Provide training/support, as needed, to Tier 1 support personnel
- Troubleshoot recurring issues initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage security systems identifying, initiating, and completing corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure LAN/WAN, servers and storage equipment receives timely security and operability patching
- Stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches and prevent data loss / service interruptions.
- Keep abreast of security threats relevant to the company’s IT infrastructure and be proactive in identifying improvement opportunities.
- Preserve the integrity and availability of backup data.
- Ensure readiness of disaster recovery systems.
- Serve as a LAN/WAN network administrator.
- Serve as a server, backup and storage administrator.
- Manage MS Active Directory OU and GPOs.
- Mentor and educate IT staff on the operation and configuration of IT systems as needed to insure efficient IT operations.
- Respond to off-hours support issues as needed to ensure high availability of key systems.
- Complete required FFCC safety training on time.
- Follow all FFCC safety rules/policies.
- Comply with FFCC IT requirements around time/task reporting.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or MIS preferred, education requirement can be substituted with demonstrated commensurate experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in network administration and/or network security positions
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in enterprise Ethernet, VLANs, QOS, layer 2 and layer 3 routing, switching, IP addressing, DHCP, DNS, VPNs, firewalls, IPS and IDS systems (next generation firewalls)
- Experience in managing VMware virtualized server environments
- Experience in managing Microsoft and Linux servers
- Experience in managing Microsoft Active Directory environments
- Experience in planning, implementing and managing security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data.
- Broad experience in information security management.
- Excellent communication skills and experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve complex network challenges in a timely manner
- History of proactively identifying, analyzing, and resolving network and system problems, performance issues, and computer resource allocation.
- A technology-driven mindset with the ability to think independently
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with others and complete projects within tight deadlines with limited resources
- Must have excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- On-call support 24x7 offset by schedule flexibility
- Ability to perform work remotely, on-site or after hours on occasion. Travel is minimal
- LAN/WAN Experience
- Fortinet’s Fortigate Firewalls and VPN concentrators
- Extreme Network Layer 3 switches
- Cisco Layer 2 switches
- Microsoft group policy management
- Server and Storage
- Dell VXrail
- Microsoft and LInux servers
- Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle so as to be able to identify dependencies and risks
- Broad understanding and knowledge of current IT domains, usage patterns and trends
Additional, Desired Qualifications:
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Network+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- VMware vSphere certification
- Website management
FutureFuel Chemical Company is a growing Specialty and Bio-based Chemical Manufacturing facility with an exceptional safety and environmental history. We are ISO9001 and BQ9000 Quality System certified. Visit our website at www.futurefuelcorporation.com. FutureFuel offers a competitive relocation, wage, health, dental, disability, and 401(k) plans. Applicant must be a US Citizen or be able to work in the US without sponsorship. Visit Batesville at https://www.cityofbatesville.com/. Interested parties should send resumes to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. All applicants will be carefully reviewed; however only those who are being considered for an interview will be contacted. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Future Fuel Chemical Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?