Data Modeler with Banking
- Posted: over a month ago
Data Modeller with Banking
Irving, TX/ Tampa, FL
Note: We need candidates strong on ETL Modelling (at least 70% past work profile to be modelling)
- Partner with and mentor business partners in Finance and Risk to develop and maintain conceptual and logical data models.
- Transform logical models into physical database designs for relational or NoSQL platforms.
- Develop mappings of sources to target databases, including documentation of transformation rules.
- Maintain high-quality meta-data in the enterprise data catalog
- Communicate regularly with architects and modelers working in parallel tracks to maintain consistency of models and other deliverables.
- Assess the quality of data during development and test phases of the projects, and open trouble tickets when defects are found. Follow up with development teams to insure that issues are resolved expeditiously.
- Respond promptly to trouble tickets opened by testers and production users who report defects in the data. Pinpoint the root cause and assign the tickets to the appropriate development teams.
- Oversee the development of scripts to implement data model changes, archive and purge, or correct bad data, as required.
- Contribute to standards for logical and physical model development.
- Develop or enhance templates and quality standards for modeling team deliverables such as mappings and technical specs.
- 7 or more years of experience in Information Technology
- 5 or more years of experience in Data Architecture and Data Modeling.
- 3 or more years of experience in Financial Services (preferably banking) with focus on Finance, Risk, and/or Regulatory Reporting
- 5 or more years of complete system development life cycle experience with complex data integration solutions using relational and/or cloud data platforms.
- Domain knowledge of banking products such as deposits, loans, securities, derivatives, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
Futran Solutions Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Futran Solutions Inc