Contract W2 only
Local to NJ only
** This is part of the Celgene integration**
The position is responsible for stock-based compensation US GAAP accounting under ASC 718 and local statutory accounting and reports to the Associate Director, Treasury Accounting. Responsibilities include the accounting, reporting, assisting with budgeting and controls for stock-based compensation and equity-related transactions. As a result of the Celgene integration, the stock based compensation and equity accounting area has experienced a significant increase in activity. The position interfaces with various BMS teams including Treasury, Tax, External Reporting, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Staff, Total Rewards and People Services and various 3rd party service providers.
Additional responsibilities include (assisting current team and backfilling absences):
• Monthly stock based compensation journal entries and close responsibilities and analysis of actual and budgeted results.
• Maintenance of BMS Treasury Stock log and system
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets and periodic projections and analysis to support long-term planning needs.
• Preparation of related external reporting disclosures for SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K) and for foreign legal entities statutory filings.
• Coordinate annual US employee benefit plan audits and 11K and Form 5500 filings (401-K, Pension and LTD).
• Basic and Diluted share calculations and analysis, including periodic projection updates in accordance with ASC 260.
• Proactive interaction with cross-functional team partners, including Consolidated Financial Reporting, Treasury, Total Rewards and People Services, Global Benefits, Tax, and Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis as well as the Global Business Operations teams supporting international markets.
• Management and interaction with 3rd party service providers, including stock plan administrators and external auditors.
Additionally, the position resource would work with the BMS Consolidations, SEC Reporting or other Corporate Accounting area as needed (to fill to 100% of time during down times in the SBC area).
Additionally, the SBC area is only a part of what the Treasury Accounting area is responsible for. The position resource could potentially include Pension and Retiree Medical Plan responsibilities which training would be provided for. The Treasury Accounting area at BMS also oversees all worldwide pension reporting for the company.
Job Requirements/Education D06:
Accounting degree (BS or MBA), must have a CPA license.
10 years accounting experience.
also must to be on site at location.