Test Engineering Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Futaba is now expanding its capabilities and we are looking for a qualified Test Technician to advance our capabilities in our Huntsville, AL location. We offer excellent benefits with 90% paid by employer for health/dental/vision with life insurance, voluntary std, ltd and life, voluntary colonial products and a 401k plan with a 3% match on the first 6% of salary. Also, we have a full time off plan to include sick, vacation, personal days and 11 paid holidays for work life balance. We are looking for a team player with skills and work ethic to join our team.
The Test Technician is a part of the Maintenance Team at the Huntsville Factory. Primarily, this position will help create, setup and maintain production test equipment and fixtures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and maintain log on test equipment and test fixtures.
- Order and maintain an inventory of spare parts for production testers.
- Responds to issues relating to test equipment on the production floor.
- Trains production operators on the use of test hardware and test software.
- Wire fabrication of functional test fixtures.
- Monitor tester performance and diagnose the root cause of poorly functioning testers.
- Provide timely feedback to test engineers and provide guidelines to machinists.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics.
- All other duties as assigned by management to ensure the success of Futaba.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- AAS degree in Electronics is preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; specifically maintaining In-circuit test (ICT) equipment and fixtures, installation of sockets and probes into end-of line (EOL) and ICT fixtures.
- Intermediate MS Office skills, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements:
- Reading Comprehension: Ability to read, comprehend and interpret electrical schematics.
- Verbal communication skills: Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and management.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and one time and switch between tasks quickly.
- Soldering capabilities through hole and surface mount components.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical activity requiring standing, walking (or otherwise be mobile), reaching, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance.
- Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise, apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions, deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Futaba