Incident Response Expert
- Posted: over a month ago
Employee dedication contributes to our success, customer satisfaction, and our nation's most outstanding achievements. At Fusion Technology, we recognize that our employees are our greatest attribute. That is why our top priority is to attract, recruit, retain, and continuously motivate quality employees who meet or exceed customer requirements. Our dedicated people make Fusion Technology one of the fastest-growing information technology (IT) companies in West Virginia. As a HUBZone Small Business, we know what it means to work as one team. As such, we encompass all definitions of the word "team." So, are you ready to join ours?
Who is Fusion Technology?
Fusion Technology is a performance-driven HUBZone Small Business concern residing in the heart of the beautiful mountainsides of West Virginia, steps away from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Criminal Justice Information Services Division's Headquarters. Founded in 2007 by an Engineer-by-trade, Fusion Technology dedicates our valuable resources to providing comprehensive IT services and solutions to mission-critical US Government programs and the Intel Community.
Who are you?
- Trusted Employee: The Government trusts you and so do we. You possess an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance. You must also be able to obtain Department of Homeland Security (DHS) suitability.
- Threat Expert: You have knowledge of different operational threat environments (e.g., first generation [script kiddies], second generation [non nation-state sponsored], and third generation [nation-state sponsored]). You are also an expert of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, PL/SQL and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, and malicious code). You can think independently and can work collaboratively across physical locations. You demonstrate superior written and oral communication skills, as well as leading and mentoring technical teams.
- Tech Savvy: You have experience working with two or more of the following tools:
- Forensic Toolkit (FTK)
- SANS Investigative Forensics Toolkit (SIFT)
- Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
- Other EDR tools (Crowdstrike, Carbon Black, etc.)
- Knowledgeable: You have put in the hard work and earned a Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, or related degree with 8+ years of relevant experience. You may also have a High School diploma, as well as 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Field Certified: You are a go-getter and an excellent test taker. You earned and maintain at least one of the following certifications:
- CSSP Analyst
- CSSP Incident Responder
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GFNA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Sys Admin, Audit, Network and Security (SANS)
What we do:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is dedicated to responding to cyber incidents and hunting proactively for malicious cyber activity. The DHS centers its resources around securing the nation's infrastructure, and Fusion Technology aims to support this mission by providing advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, and rapid onsite incident response utilizing host and network-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as hunt and incident response subject matter expert (SME), possessing in-depth knowledge on subjects relating to the conduct, activities, or operation of NCCIC HIRT in a surge capacity
- Provide expert support, analysis, and research with only broad direction into exceptionally complex problems and processes relating to the subject matter as it relates to hunt and incident response activities
- Serve as technical expert on high-level incident response teams providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of an assignment or task at hand
- Independently develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Guide the completion of hunt and incident response activities
- Utilize your knowledge of Computer Network Defense (CND) policies, procedures, and regulations
What matters to you matters to us.
Fusion Technology values its employees and works hard to ensure proper care for them and their families. We desire to compensate employees in a competitive, motivational, fair, and equitable way with other employers in the marketplace. Salary is only one component of employee compensation but an integral part of recruiting and retaining qualified employees. However, at Fusion Technology, we take a comprehensive approach and consider each employee's needs to tailor a compensation plan that provides financial security and peace of mind. Our competitive package includes a best-in-class matching 401K program, comprehensive Cigna healthcare plan, a competitive employer contribution to a health savings account, vision and dental plans, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and personal leave, in addition to paid certifications and training.
Fusion Technology LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Fusion Technology LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?