Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Who is Fusion Technology?
Fusion Technology is a performance-driven HUBZone Small Business concern residing in the heart of the beautiful mountainsides of West Virginia, steps away from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Criminal Justice Information Services Division's Headquarters. Founded in 2007 by an Engineer-by-trade, Fusion Technology dedicates our valuable resources to providing comprehensive IT services and solutions to mission-critical US Government programs and the Intel Community.
What we do:
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is a bureau within the Department of Commerce (DOC) focused on understanding and predicting changes in the Earth's environment. The demand for NOAA’s products and information continues to grow as global climate change and the threat of natural disasters remain at the forefront of the Nation’s attention. Fusion Technology aims to protect the delivery of this critical demand by modernizing NOAA’s IT security infrastructure, increasing security awareness throughout the department, and coordinating security efforts with the intelligence community and stakeholders.
The Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Analyst is an aggregate point of intelligence. This role will review the intelligence received from internal and external sources and assess if the NOAA environment is being actively targeted. CTI Analysts can use this intelligence to make recommendations to teams responsible for content development.
● Prioritize threat research and threat hunts based on active campaigns and intelligence.
● Provide contextual intelligence to enhance analysts’ capabilities by triaging alerts or responding to incidents.
● Enable pivoting on indicators to identify additional infrastructures impacted.
● Evaluates analysts’ products in analysis and synthesis (Refer to Figure 1).
● Improve the usage of XSOAR Threat Intelligence Management module.
● Perform Threat Hunts in addition to the current indicator searches.
Hiring of this position is dependent on the customer approving the candidate, and the candidate passing the agency security checking process. The position will support core hours and have some flexibility to telework approximately 50% of the time, pending approval of the customer.
● Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
● Prior experience performing as a SOC analyst
● Prior experience performing similar CTI functions
● Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
● Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
● Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Team player
● CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification
● Upbeat and positive attitude
● Hands-on cybersecurity experience.
● Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
● Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
● Familiarity with the NOAA mission.
● Must be US Citizen.
● Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret or adjudicated Secret acceptable).
● Fairmont, WV
What matters to you matters to us.
Fusion Technology values its employees and works hard to ensure proper care for them and their families. We desire to compensate employees in a competitive, motivational, fair, and equitable way with other employers in the marketplace. Salary is only one component of employee compensation but an integral part of recruiting and retaining qualified employees. However, at Fusion Technology, we take a comprehensive approach and consider each employee's needs to tailor a compensation plan that provides financial security and peace of mind. Our competitive package includes a best-in-class matching 401K program, comprehensive Cigna healthcare plan, a competitive employer contribution to a health savings account, vision and dental plans, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and personal leave, in addition to paid certifications and training.
Fusion Technology LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Fusion Technology LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?