Fusion Solutions a Telecom Staffing Company based out of Plano, TX, catering to the carriers and OEMs directly for their individual resource needs as well as SOW / Turnkey support. We are looking for a Field Technician I for a contract role in Oakland, CA.
Position: Field Technician I
Location: Oakland, CA
SMART PHONE REQUIRED
* Develop proficiency in primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, basic electronics, basic telephony, radio principles for CDMA and iDEN, and basic principles of digital transmission, fiber communication, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards, and on-line network control/maintenance systems.
* Serve as a technical reference point for other functions.
* Able to follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment.
* Perform Service Assurance work on all radio interface network elements. Interpret the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
* Provide Service Delivery work installing new cell site equipment from channel card elements up to complete new cell site installs.
* Develop proficiency with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment.
* Develop proficiency with inventory tools and procedures. * Able to trouble shoot AC and DC power systems including tower light controllers.
* Meet expectations with regards to behavioral and administrative facets of the position.
* Basic Microwave principles
***Mileage log to be used weekly and uploaded to AH, Mobile Phone to be provided by Supplier, ***MUST BE SMARTPHONE***, 40 hours of OJT training expected in the first month (not entered into AH), weekly time entered into AH by 2pm EST on Mondays***
* Vocational Skills and procedural knowledge typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience totaling up to 2 years post-high school or equivalent.
* Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
* Ability to exercise flexibility and resourcefulness (with assistance from others) in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
* Confirmation of travel requirement - 100% for Technicians but flexible to travel outside of market for weeks at a time if required (e.g. disaster recovery, new product roll-out, etc).
* Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (ie: shift work), to include maintenance window and weekends if needed.
**This position may require the contractor to be on-call. Client will reimburse the supplier $25.00 for each work day the contractor is required to be on-call.**
* Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
* Basic computer skills.
*A valid driver's license and the ability to drive long distances on and off road. A CDL classification may be required for some vehicles.
* Will need to transport equipment, therefore, vehicle with appropriate carrying capacity will be needed.
*Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
*Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases.
*Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, vaults, and all types of geographic locations.
*The dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
*Good oral and written communications skills.
*Familiarity with field operations specific trouble ticket and network database systems.
*Previous experience working wireless networking system.
*Intermediate to Expert computer literacy skills - The ability to utilize multiple applications, draft emails, manipulate Word and Excel, and have general savvy experience with a laptop.
· Competitive Pay Rates
·Heath, Dental, Vision & Life Benefits
Please let me know if you have any questions / suggestions / interest. We provide referral bonus as well. Feel free to forward this email to your friend.
Fusion offers standard benefits package with health, dental, vision, 401k, LT / ST Disability and Life Insurance. We also run weekly payroll. We provide support for advance, booking for hotel / airfare when needed.
Please send your resume, certificates or badges and visa details (if applicable). To apply, send your resume and any other applicable documents to email@example.com. Thanks!