Quality Assurance Tech
Fusion Ranch Scottsbluff, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
Fusion Ranch Inc. a USDA jerky processing facility located in Scottsbluff, NE. The work environment is fast paced, on your feet, and physical work. We offer a smoke free, drug free work place.
The Quality Assurance Tech must perform duties in compliance with Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSI), USDA, State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures (including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), SSOP’s and safety regulations).
Monday through Friday and some weekends. Full-Time
Some of the duties include:
- Monitor the compliance of processes and associated records to company quality systems and initiatives to the Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSI). Report findings to Plant Management and assist in problem solving.
- Plant technical documentation review including but not limited to supplier COA’s, QA paperwork and shipping/receiving paperwork and inbound receiving.
- Support export compliance to Japan, Singapore, Canada and other countries as required.
- Conduct regular facility food safety audits
- Abel to conduct formal root cause analyses for any non-conforming items and assure the continuous improvement process is utilized
- Project management and delegation for R&D evaluation involving new ingredients or changes to existing ingredients and completing projects to improve the quality program
- Support audit certification process for all Food Safety/Quality audits and certifications, including BRC, EV, Non-GMO, and USDA.
- Create, manage and perform internal food safety audits, mock recalls, etc.
- Maintain documentation for product specifications, packaging and quality standards
- Implement and manage employee training programs relating to GMP’s, HACCP, and other quality and safety programs
- Manage on-time closure of assigned deviations and non-conformities.
- Analyze quality inspection KPIs to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis.
A qualified candidate must:
- Degree in Management, Food Science, Chemistry or related field
- Previous Quality/GFSI/HACCP/SSOP experience in the meat industry
- 3+ years manufacturing/management related experience in a food production and sanitation environment
- Prior experience in developing and managing training programs, understanding diverse learning styles and levels of education
- Self-motivated and highly performance oriented
- Solid attention to detail.
- Problem solving and statistical skills using quality tools (Pareto analysis, statistical process control, etc.).
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written across all levels of management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Pass drug test and E-verify (I9)
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Fusion Ranch