Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fusion Health is seeking a bright, motivated, and outgoing Sr. DBA / Data & Analytics Lead to join our Engineering team at our Woodbridge, NJ office location! This candidate will participate in dynamic and challenging projects to change how the company organizes, consumes, and delivers data in all forms. We are looking for an ambitious team player who is target-driven and passionate about achieving results.
Fusion Health was founded in 2006 and provides HealthTech solutions that proactively manage the quality of life for underserved patients managed by government agencies such as Public Health, Rehabilitation & Corrections. Our mission is to make healthcare software what it should be; efficient, innovative, and reliable.
Fusion Health has been recognized by INC as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States for four consecutive years, #38 in the NY Tri-State area, and #8 in New Jersey. Fusion has also been recognized by Deloitte on its Fast 500 list of fastest-growing technology companies in the United States.
Building a quality team takes a lot of work. Our founder and CEO, Bryan Jakovcic (EY Entrepreneur of the Year) works hand in hand with our Human Resources team and we are searching the globe for the Fusionite of tomorrow. Our team is among some of the brightest and most inspiring in the industry. To boot, they love working at Fusion so much that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work by Fortune!
We pride ourselves on our modern company culture as a vibrant and diverse group. Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Our headquarters is located in Woodbridge, New Jersey, just minutes from several major train stations. Lovingly known as HQ4, it features high-tech open working spaces, multiple meeting areas, café, a gym, and an arcade! Our satellite office locations are also equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and similar amenities.
A positive culture is a core fundamental at Fusion. While we are looking for the brightest minds around, ideal Fusionites should be strong problem solvers, be able to work independently, have great communication skills, and have a fun/energetic personality.
To date, Fusion has phenomenal retention of our team members. Our fundamental belief is that employee satisfaction is critical to achieving our mission/vision, so we provide competitive compensation, professional development, career advancement opportunities, and a supportive team-based atmosphere. We also provide a full range of health-related benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K.
We also offer numerous work-life enhancements such as:
- Work From Anywhere (WFA) program (up to 100 days WFA per year)
- 20 PTO Days to start, with an additional PTO day per year for each year you are a Fusionite (up to 30 PTO days max/year)
- Business casual dress code
- Easy-going corporate structure. We hate red tape.
- Accessible leadership.
- A REALLY COOL OFFICE (Click for Photos)
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Engineering team is vital to our organization’s mission and growth. This role will provide assistance with a multitude of projects that will enhance the Engineering team’s success, such as:
- Develops, implements, and maintains RDBMS data structures in test, quality assurance and production environments utilizing current standards and procedures
- Support critical SQL databases. Advanced troubleshooting skills for performance and tuning
- Understands business requirements and translates technical requirements and issues into common language for end users and management
- Writes database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary
- Communicates regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure the database integrity and security
- Extensive experience in controlling the User Privileges (role-based security), Monitoring the Security and Audit issues as per Enterprise Standards
- Performs capacity planning including future storage requirements
- Ability to structure a data warehouse and proper analytics organization
- Develop a methodology for test databases on development systems
- Design a disaster recovery plan, schedule and implement the plan on a regular basis
- Create and document various data views for use in data visualization tools, such as Power BI
- Familiarity with business analytics/intelligence from both database (STAR/SNOWFLAKE) and structures (OLAP/OLTP)
- Provides project leadership ability for short- and long-term projects
- Deals with and prioritizes several tasks simultaneously
- Utilizes logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Very strong background in a disciplined software development life cycle (SDLC) process with excellent analytical, programming, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in data science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IT experience in Database Administration, Design Development and Support of MS SQL Server in Production, Test, Development, Virtual, and High Availability Environments.
- 6 years of work experience with systems development methodologies
- 6 years of work experience with the development and revision of database standards, procedures, and strategies.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Experience with transactional AND data warehouse structures
- Expertise in row-level security and multi-tenant architectures
- Experience with leading projects and mentoring junior DBA's
- Ability to build a team of data engineers for both application systems and business analytics.
- This is an on-site, full-time, salaried position. Our normal hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- This position description is not intended to be exhaustive, and other duties may be assigned as they arise.
- It is not expected that applicants have any familiarity with Fusion’s proprietary applications, Healthcare software, or Corrections/Public Health business processes. Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate related experience and transferable skills that will work well with the Fusion team.
- Fusion is an equal employment opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Fusion Health