Software Test Engineer (QA, Front End)
- Posted: over a month ago
Fusion Health is seeking a bright, motivated, and outgoing Software Test Engineer (QA) to join our Software Engineering team! This candidate will participate in dynamic and challenging projects to produce and implement functional software solutions. We are looking for an ambitious team player who is target driven and passionate about achieving results.
Fusion Health was founded in 2006 and provides HealthTech solutions that proactively manage the quality of life for underserved patients managed by government agencies such as Public Health, Rehabilitation & Corrections. Our mission is to make healthcare software what it should be; efficient, innovative, and reliable.
Fusion Health has been recognized by INC as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States for four consecutive years, #38 in the NY Tri-State area, and #8 in New Jersey. Fusion has also been recognized by Deloitte on its Fast 500 list of fastest-growing technology companies in the United States.
Building a quality team takes a lot of work. Our founder and CEO, Bryan Jakovcic (EY Entrepreneur of the Year) works hand in hand with our Human Resources team and we are searching the globe for the Fusionite of tomorrow. Our team is among some of the brightest and most inspiring in the industry. To boot, they love working at Fusion so much that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work by Fortune!
We pride ourselves on our modern company culture as a vibrant and diverse group. Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Our headquarters is located in Woodbridge, New Jersey, just minutes from several major train stations. Lovingly known as HQ4, it features high-tech open working spaces, multiple meeting areas, café, a gym, and an arcade! Our satellite office locations are also equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and similar amenities.
A positive culture is a core fundamental at Fusion. While we are looking for the brightest minds around, ideal Fusionites should be strong problem solvers, be able to work independently, have great communication skills, and have a fun/energetic personality.
To date, Fusion has phenomenal retention of our team members. Our fundamental belief is that employee satisfaction is critical to achieving our mission/vision, so we provide competitive compensation, professional development, career advancement opportunities, and a supportive team-based atmosphere. We also provide a full range of health-related benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K.
We also offer numerous work-life enhancements such as:
- Work From Anywhere (WFA) program (up to 100 days WFA per year)
- 20 PTO Days to start, with an additional PTO day per year for each year you are a Fusionite (up to 30 PTO days max/year)
- Business casual dress code
- Easy-going corporate structure. We hate red tape.
- Accessible leadership.
- A REALLY COOL OFFICE (Click for Photos)
Position Description & Responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced IT Quality Assurance Engineer who can work with little supervision as well as mentor junior level staff. This role will assist with a multitude of projects of varying complexity. We are looking for a candidate who will utilize their analytical, communication, and teamwork skills to enhance the department’s efficacy. The ideal candidate will be able to jump in and identify areas where software quality can be greatly improved.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for applying his/her expertise to develop and execute test plans, test execution, and reporting of issues for all technical applications and systems before deployment, ensuring they are performing according to specifications and free of errors. This includes:
- Collaborating with the software development team on defining an enterprise testing strategy
- Defining, creating, and executing test scenarios using industry standing testing techniques and automation tools
- Creating and executing a strategy for the automation of testing processes, the identification, and management of testing tools and standard
- Lead testing efforts across multiple interrelated allocated projects/ systems/ applications and/or for a business unit
- Collaborate with Development, Product, and Project Management teams to identify potential gaps in product requirements and drive test automation before a feature is scoped into a release
- Provide centralized testing support for key business functions
- Acting as the gatekeeper to the production systems and takes responsibility for all phases of testing and the management of the testing activities within a development project
- Responsible for documentation and communication of project test plans, test results, testing status, and metrics
- Maintains awareness of testing alternatives and ensures the most effective testing strategy is selected
- Provide technical, management, and process direction for the team
- You will perform any other necessary duties required to support the success of our products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, computer science or equivalent
- 3-7 years of overall experience in Quality Assurance Engineering
- Exposure to the full product development cycle – from requirements through post-release.
- Experience using test automation software (Selenium, UFT, QTP, Cypress)
- Good understanding of Relational Databases (SQL Server)
- Experience with REST API design and testing
- Experience producing unit tests and functional tests
- Experience testing multi-tiered, web-based and Client-Server products
- Solid test planning skills, with a strong appreciation for the need to provide well-documented test strategies, procedures, and results
- Understanding of software engineering principles or business analysis skills
- Proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Exceptional work ethic, team spirit, and passion for your craft
- Ability and motivation to constantly improve and stay up to date on industry knowledge, trends, and processes
- Self-motivator can work independently, learn quickly, meet deadlines, and demonstrate problem-solving skills
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience/exposure to Agile/SCRUM
- Experience using Issue & Project Tracking Software (JIRA)
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and debugging skills
- Experience with Java, C#, SQL, Angular, HTML, TypeScript, and ASP.NET Core
- Health Care Application/Data Design knowledge
- Ability to work with vendors to investigate issues, troubleshoot, and triage bugs
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and effectively, leveraging problem-solving skills and a learning mindset to build long-term relationships
- This is an on-site, full-time, salaried position for our Woodbridge, New Jersey office location. Our normal hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Salary is DOE, please provide your salary expectations in your application.
- This position description is not intended to be exhaustive, and other duties may be assigned as they arise.
- It is not expected that applicants have any familiarity with Fusion’s proprietary applications, Healthcare software, or Corrections/Public Health business processes. Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate related experience and transferable skills that will work well with the Fusion team.
- Currently, this position is not eligible for employer sponsorship.
- Fusion is an equal employment opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Fusion Health