Communications Manager overseeing Recruiting / Event Marketing
Small Business Incubator for Professionals and other service types of businesses is seeking a bright, articulate, high energy and intense individual to help our firm go to the next level. The Communications Manager is to oversee all aspects of communication for obtaining opportunities for our CEO to speak at conferences and events, to oversee all aspects of initial phases of recruiting new talent to our organization and interacting with contacts and recruits alike. Our business is one of a kind and our mission is to help as many small businesses grow significantly larger and maintain that growth.
The Marketing Manager will help guide strategy and implement all communications and marketing activities to consistently present Fusion offerings to both new potential employees and to the organizations that have members or associates that can benefit from our systems and processes.
- Creates employment recruiting systems and complete all initial conversations to screen applicants and to answer questions.
- Set up an interview with acceptable candidates with the appropriate manager
- Manage Social Media Marketing and Communications
- Reach out and develop contacts with decision-makers of the organization that hires speaker, send PR packages and arrange speaking events for the CEO or other executives.
- Supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of the annual communications plan in collaboration with the AVP of Communications & Marketing.
- Markets the Association's member services. Works with Membership team to develop print and digital materials and leads communications to the membership.
- Leads the generation of original online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decides who, where and when to disseminate. Proficiency and utilization of electronic means to provide immediate and current information to the membership, industry, and public agencies is required.
- Develops and oversees communications and marketing plans for programs and events supporting both tactical and strategic efforts simultaneously.
- Puts communication vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Oversees development and production of marketing and promotional materials for the organization’s activities and events.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent professional image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Manages the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, e-newsletters, brochures, , electronic news, Alerts, and corporate promotional materials, Social Media
- Maintains a database of public relations/news media contacts.
- Works with vendors to coordinate marketing and communications tactics for promotional and event activities.
- Maintains a strong understanding of trends and skills in digital and social media.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a four-year college or university or three years’ experience in PR / Marketing / Communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; effective, diplomatic and friendly communication style. Comfortable presenting to small and large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills to cultivate positive relations with other departments, agencies
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a remote environment / potentially from home (self-direction is a must)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong organizational skill with good attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and show excellent time management skills
- An Intensity to accomplish tasks and to move the company forward
- Travel as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour to start. Raises based upon performance at 6 months. $50,000 plus per year possible after the first year based upon growth and performance.