We are seeking a full-time, self-motivated, and highly professional Real-Estate & Entitlement Specialist to support our continued new school growth and national expansion by driving site development activities. The successful candidate will have a positive “can-do" attitude and must be able to work in a very fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. The ability to anticipate needs, proactively address issues, and thrive in a team environment is critical.
We expect the successful candidate to:
Work within a world-class team and possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
Develop a local strategic plan for each project to ensure the delivery of real estate on time and within budget
Identify and manage local partners in each community including but not limited to: project managers, zoning consultants, engineers, architects, environmental consultants, and attorneys
Develop relationships with landlords, municipal jurisdictions, and planning departments
Work with real-estate brokers to manage search process, letters of intent, and lease negotiations
Manage site identification and selection
Negotiate acceptable LOI terms
Oversee zoning and approval process
Deliver approved projects in a timely manner with completed due diligence allowing for adequate timing for required permits and construction
Measure key performance indicators, budgets and pipelines, and communicate progress to internal and external partners
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree - Architecture, Business, Engineering (flexible!)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant real estate experience -> primarily in areas such as:
- Commercial real estate site selection, site development, site acquisition.
- Land/property use entitlements.
- Zoning & building code compliance: Some working knowledge of regulatory compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to new site development.
- Commercial lease permitting/permit applications.
- Experience in real estate and/or construction preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Above average computer and technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.