Fusion Academy is hiring in the Fusion Chicago District! If you:
- Are a dynamic and energetic alternative school leader.
- Are a candidate based on experience, able lead a Fusion campus as a Head of School immediately.
- Are mobile. Meaning, a candidate willing to start in many of our four (4) Chicagoland campuses and upon full appointment, willing to relocate somewhere within at least two states: Fusion Central (Chicagoland, Denver, Florida and Texas). Candidates willing to relocate to multiple states and regions may be considered prior to candidates with limited geographic preference.
- Are willing to train and learn the Fusion model by performing in an administrative leadership role at the campus nearest your current residence for approximately three to nine months. Upon completion of Fusion Head of School training, you’re willing to immediately relocate to your permanent assignment location that matched your preferences in number 3 above.
Position Summary - What if you could lead a school where every classroom is just one student and just one teacher?
The School Administrator in Residence (Head of School in Training) will ultimately serve as the leader and manager of a Fusion Academy campus. You'll assist with the school start-up if it's a new campus, you'll manage ongoing activities and student recruitment, and be directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and outcomes of the school. We are seeking positive, confident, entrepreneurial, and energetic self-starters to lead a Fusion Academy location.
- A passion for serving students
- Personal motivation and passionate about achieving goals and deadlines
- Persuasive communications skills, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to quickly build relationships
- Ability to defuse tense confrontations and create harmony
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- High energy and tenacity
- High organized with effective time management skills
Your Day to Day:
- Whether a new or existing campus select enthusiastic and competent staff and teachers who possess the requisite subject-area expertise and an ability to prepare students to be highly competitive in high school and beyond.
- Represent the school to all relevant audiences to begin building a list of potential students to open the school. Have a solid grasp of the school’s features and can articulate them convincingly.
- Create and lead a school culture that maintains a focus on a positive student experience, academic results and collaboration.
- Develop and lead a system for the ongoing evaluation of teacher performance that expects measurable results, supports improvement, and rewards achievement.
- Develop and manage a system of collaborative faculty analysis of student performance results that ensure a data driven instructional strategy.
- Refine and direct the school’s academic program
- Implement the school’s academic offerings in coordination with the FEG curriculum model.
- Ensure alignment of curricular standards with required school-based testing.
- Create ways to monitor and improve student learning; support and implement a tracking system that allows teachers, the HOS, and parents to know what standards students have mastered and those for which further work is required.
- Take responsibility in ensuring the school achieves accreditation from the appropriate educational institutions.
Lead and direct the school’s admissions program
- Lead the admissions process:
- Manage documents, data and applicants effectively and timely.
- Understand the characteristics of a successful school visit and develop a welcoming atmosphere.
- Expand applicant pool with open houses and appropriate marketing.
- Conduct intakes with parents and incoming students.
- Effectively lead the re-enrollment process; create strategies for retention and to prevent attrition.
- Identify barriers to full enrollment.
Take ownership of all functions of the school
- Manage all aspects of the school, including budgets, managing costs, revenue targets and reporting on specific metrics.
- Be available for parents and students to address any of their questions or issues.
- Provide consistent communication both within the school and with all stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, compassionate customer service to parents, students and referral sources.
What you bring to the team:
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated successful leadership experience and a deep respect for teaching and learning
- Excitement for alternative or non-traditional education systems
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree preferably in Education, Business or Organizational Development
- Experience interacting directly with variety of stakeholders
- Culture building, team creation and inspirational leadership experience
- A passion for delivering mastery-based education to students with learning differences, including social and emotional differences.
- Experience managing a budget, financial reporting and tracking specific metric performance
- A demonstrated track record of success, career progression and increased responsibilities
- A passionate belief that students achieve the highest academic standards when there are appropriate school process & procedures.
Management & Leadership
- Managerial, program development and leadership experience in an educational school setting.
- People management experience, including:
- Ability to recruit and lead a professional staff.
- Experience with providing professional development and mentoring
- Strong ability to create and maintain work place culture
- Ability to drive the overall success and best represent Fusion core values resulting in recognition of staff.
- Visionary leadership that can articulate the value of Fusion.
- A focus on collaboration, with agility in balancing varying points of view in the process of decision making.
- Accept ownership and take responsibility for achieving specific metrics of success.
- A passion for serving students.
- Personal motivation and passionate about achieving goals and deadlines.
- Persuasive communications skills, with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to quickly build relationships.
- Ability to defuse tense confrontations and create harmony.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
- High energy and tenacity.
- Highly organized with effective time management skills.
Every student at Fusion is unique! Some students are accelerated learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences, or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance, Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students' emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable opportunity for career advancement throughout the country.