Checkout, test, debug, and install automated equipment. Provide technical service and support including troubleshooting and repair of customer machine problems and provide customer training as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Conduct machine checkout and testing under the supervision of the Test and Field Service Manager (TFSM) to meet customer requirements. Work with Sales, Engineering, and Technical Services Departments to identify customer needs, specifications, and proper Fusion products required.
- · Review engineering design and development contract reports to determine project requirements. Setup machine to run at specification. Set heat patterns and troubleshoot machine operations. Consult with the Project Engineer on issues, problems, and required changes.
- · Troubleshoot and correct problems. Record modifications on drawings, in project file, and in lab book. Modify fixtures, tooling and equipment to correct problems and make improvements as required.
- · Coordinate with the Assembly Supervisor as required to complete work. Run parts off the machine for customer evaluation and approval. Demonstrate the machine to the customer during their visit to Fusion for machine approval. Record and perform any changes requested by the customer and agreed upon during the wrap up meeting. Inspect the machine and sign the pre-shipment check list.
- · Write operating manuals.
- · Determine course of action where required to keep projects on track and moving forward. Keep the TFSM informed of project status and of problems as they are encountered.
- · Travel to the customer’s plant to install the machine and train personnel on operation and maintenance. Obtain customer sign off on the machine. Write trip reports on installation trips clearly indicating future action items necessary to complete the project.
- · Evaluate, troubleshoot and repair customer machine problems. Handle machine, paste, programming and/or part issues. Modify tooling, fixtures, details and heat patterns. Recommend customer part changes or explain part issues to customers during installation and/or service trips.
- · Commit to following the Quality Policy established procedures and guidelines as required by ISO 9001:2008 standards. Seek opportunities for continuous process improvement as a commitment to the Quality Policy.
- · Adhere to prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- · Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- · Minimum of 2 years Field Service experience.
- · Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- · Two- year technical degree or equivalent experience and training.
- · 5 years electro-mechanical technician experience.
- · Industrial/machine maintenance experience, pipefitting skills and proven mechanical aptitude.
- · Able to travel 50%, both national and international.
- · Exceptional interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication skills.
- · Ability to read blueprints and familiarity with CAD drawings and ladder logic.
- · PLC training and PLC software experience.
- · Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Why Work Here?Fusion, Inc. is a global leader in brazing and soldering innovation. Headquartered outside Cleveland in Willoughby, OH USA and with a manufacturing and sales subsidiary in the United Kingdom, we have satellite locations and distribution worldwide. We provide automation solutions for manufacturers engaged in production brazing and soldering. Fusion takes a process approach to automating your application. This process consists of three key ingredients: Paste Brazing and Soldering Alloys, Applicator Equipment, and Automatic Machines. Total Responsibility for brazing and soldering automation – from one source!
Our employees are our greatest resource and the key to our continued success!