- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The quality assurance supervisor will be responsible for managing QA/QC staff, maintaining the quality system and performing reliability testing for the products and development processes. He/she will also ensure timely and effective implementation of all company's policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee the plant 2 quality team and direct the activities of the plant 2 quality lab to ensure that raw materials and products are tested and released in accordance with governing work instructions, specifications and daily production schedule.
· Assist in the development of practices, procedures and policies which ensure the proper manufacturing, testing, and technical evaluation to meet industry and product quality standards.
· Coordinate quality related root cause investigations and corrective & preventative actions (including customer complaints) through collaboration with other departments. Assist in the data collection, development and reporting of quality/operational metrics/KPIs.
· Review/analyze production heat/batch records, nonconforming material reports, test data and other quality data for trends and root causes. Work with operations to develop improvement strategies, plans and/or CAPAs.
· Be an engineering resource to operations in areas of process troubleshooting and improvement, manufacturing equipment selection and product qualification.
· Champion lean manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives with the goal of fostering a continuous improvement culture. Develop and maintain a cross training program for key quality functions.
· Ensure consistent performance of quality lab personnel by coaching, mentoring and setting expectations for the team. Establish annual goals, objectives and host periodic performance review to drive accountability.
· Actively participate in plant production planning and other meetings to ensure the operational and customer needs are clearly understood and supported. Act as a conduit to relay priorities to the QA/QC team.
· Establish lab housekeeping standards and an audit protocol to sustain performance.
· Commit to the precepts outlined in the Fusion quality policy and ISO 9001
· Lead quality initiatives as required (e.g. internal/external auditing, 8D investigations, special projects, etc.).
· Perform other duties as assigned or directed by the Technical Manager
· Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field.
· Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as quality supervisor in a chemical related industry.
· Chemical manufacturing and processing background required. Lean manufacturing a plus
· Lean six sigma experience desired. Green belt preferred.
· Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently, make sound judgements and decisions and drive change.
· Experience with Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Fusion, Inc.Why Work Here?
Fusion offers competitive wages, affordable healthcare, annual bonuses, 401k match and profit-sharing.
Fusion, Inc. is a global leader in brazing and soldering innovation. Headquartered outside Cleveland in Willoughby, OH USA and with a manufacturing and sales subsidiary in the United Kingdom, we have satellite locations and distribution worldwide. We provide automation solutions for manufacturers engaged in production brazing and soldering. Fusion takes a process approach to automating your application. This process consists of three key ingredients: Paste Brazing and Soldering Alloys, Applicator Equipment, and Automatic Machines. Total Responsibility for brazing and soldering automation – from one source!
4658 E. 355th St.Willoughby, OH