Mechanical Project Engineer
Fusion, Inc. Willoughby, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Our company has an opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer at our Willoughby, Ohio facility. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and improvement of our mechanical and pneumatic systems and fixtures for automated machines to meet our customer needs. These activities must support the company's goals of increasing market share and profitability through creativity and innovation.
- Act as project manager for multiple projects and support other projects simultaneously. Establish, monitor and control project plan, budget, expenditures and timelines.
- Design and develop mechanical and pneumatic systems and fixtures for automatic machines using Solidworks
- Design in accordance with customer requirements and proper return on investment.
- Work directly with customers regarding project specifications.
- Establish vendor relationships to ensure competency for outsourcing parts manufacturing and obtain quotes, as necessary.
- Prepare and provide instructions for assembly, testing, operation and troubleshooting of machines.
- May travel to existing or prospective customer facilities for troubleshooting and installation of machines.
- Maintain technical edge and remain up to date on current engineering developments and trends. Analyze developments and trends and recommend applications for improvement.
The Mechanical Engineer should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience/education.
- 8 years mechanical engineering experience in a custom machine manufacturing environment.
- 3-D Solidworks skills and experience.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
Must be proficient with MS Office Suite
Other Skills and Abilities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Problem solving
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrate appropriate safety consciousness
Fusion, Inc.Why Work Here?
Fusion offers competitive wages, affordable healthcare, annual bonuses, 401k match and profit-sharing.
Fusion, Inc. is a global leader in brazing and soldering innovation. Headquartered outside Cleveland in Willoughby, OH USA and with a manufacturing and sales subsidiary in the United Kingdom, we have satellite locations and distribution worldwide. We provide automation solutions for manufacturers engaged in production brazing and soldering. Fusion takes a process approach to automating your application. This process consists of three key ingredients: Paste Brazing and Soldering Alloys, Applicator Equipment, and Automatic Machines. Total Responsibility for brazing and soldering automation – from one source!
4658 E. 355th St.Willoughby, OH