Proof Productions, Inc., is a full-service scenic studio and theatrical design company specializing in all types of custom projects and is searching for a purchasing and receiving agent to join our team. Applicant should have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate must have prior experience with purchasing, receiving, and inventory procedures and would ideally have some knowledge of custom millwork and metal building materials.
Purchasing and Receiving Agent Job Description & Duties:
We are looking for a Purchasing and Receiving Agent to buy products that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. You will review prices and quality to ensure optimal stock levels. Responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts, preparing reports on orders/costs, and checking in products received.
· Researching potential vendors
· Comparing and evaluating offers from suppliers
· Negotiating contract terms and pricing
· Prepare purchase orders to order materials, goods, and supplies.
· Confirm lead times an availability on products
· Track orders to ensure timely delivery
· Review quality of purchased products and review deliveries against orders
· Deal with non-supplied, under orders, over orders, and damaged goods
· Enter order details into internal databases
· Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information, and invoices
· Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
· Create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
Proof Productions Inc is an equal opportunity employer.