This position is Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, working remotely.
Are you someone who wants to continue to advance their career within the company?
Do you possess leadership skills and a desire to gain more responsibility and manage projects?
Are you a good communicator who is friendly and easy to talk to on the phone?
The Systems Administrator role is responsible for managing existing and implementing new services within the function of the Company. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for administration and troubleshooting of the IT infrastructure environment encompassing servers, workstations, network, printing, applications, videoconferencing software, and communications systems which include VOIP and cellular phones for a dispersed workforce.
• Administer core infrastructure components including multiple Active Directory domains, Office 365 email tenants, networking environments, and wireless environments.
• Manage email security features, including data governance, email encryption, and threat management.
• Support VMWare and Hyper-V virtual server environments.
• Autonomously plan and manage technology projects.
• Determine, recommend, and carry out the purchase of hardware, software, and telecom equipment. Manage warranties and document history.
• Direct the work of third-party vendors.
• Deploy, maintain, and remove workstations, tablets, and other endpoint devices.
• Delivery and maintenance of applications and configurations at the workstation level for Windows 10 and 7.
• Maintain and deploy printers and copiers in conjunction with third party vendors.
• Provide process improvement recommendations to CIO.
• Document systems and dependencies.
• Create outage and recovery plans to mitigate disaster impact.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or Technical Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience managing key aspects of Active Directory and Exchange/Office 365.
• 3+ years of experience managing on-prem server environments and databases, including virtual servers and hosts.
• 3+ years of experience successfully leading IT infrastructure implementation projects.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical and communications skills.
• Self-starter with strong skills in problem-solving, innovation, and ownership of issues to resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional, nationwide team environment without continuous direction.
• Broad overall technical background in IT infrastructure and operations.
• Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities.
• Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
A history of supporting the following technologies:
- Zoom videoconferencing software
- Encore executive search database software
- Mitel VOIP phone system
FurstStaffing provides project (assignments), to-hire, and direct placement opportunities in a variety of industries for entry-mid level office and industrial careers. FurstProfessionals focuses on mid-management and technical careers in fields such as HR, IT, Financial, Engineering, Maintenance Mechanics, Sales, etc. FurstExecutiveSolutions is a retained executive search organization which focuses on the VP, C, and BOD level careers. FurstStrategies provides HR Consulting and Talent Transition Services.
We are family-owned and certified as a WBENC business. Headquartered in Rockford, IL, and offices in Stockton, IL and Darlington, WI.