One of the primary tasks of all Security Office Staff is to provide a professional, courteous and friendly greeting to all clients and visitors to the FLS campus. An important aspect of this task is to be able to determine the needs of the client and direct them to the appropriate buildings.
The Security Associate will endeavor to protect all FLS property or other locations as directed, and will endeavor to protect FLS associates, clients and other visitors to this property.
In addition, all Security Associates will promote safety, public relations, good will and respect for others by enforcing rules of conduct, rules of safety and company policies and procedures.
Tuesday - Saturday 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM, Except Friday, Friday 1:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Observe and report irregular or unusual conditions and activities utilizing foot patrol, vehicle patrol, cameras and conversation.
- Drive 14 passenger shuttle to transport customers, visitors and employees safely to and from locations on and off campus using highways and roads.
- Permit only authorized persons or materials onto or off of FLS premises.
- Render service to, and acquire the respect and good will of management, associates, clients, and visitors.
- Prevent disorderly conduct, vandalism, theft and carelessness.
- Monitor and maintain all fire and burglar alarm systems. Report all problems.
- Monitor and maintain all exterior door and gate locks. Report all defective locks.
- Provide escorts for sales associates making cash deposits after hours.
- Provide escorts and other HR related functions.
- Complete various reports, investigate accidents, interview witnesses, obtain signatures.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Be open to suggest any ideas for improvement.
- Arrive punctually and consistently for work for normally scheduled hours.
- Additional hours may be required as needed.
- Perform various related duties as required.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The job duties are not limited to the items as described above, duties can be added or changed at any given time.
Essential Safety Functions:
- Provide communication support for all safety, security and shuttle needs.
- Provide a point of contact for EMS, fire department and sheriff department personnel as they arrive on campus.
- Control vehicle traffic and parking by directing, patrolling and monitoring.
- Maintain interior environment by completing routine foot patrols and exterior environment using designated vehicle(s).
- Maintain organizational stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensure operation of fire equipment by recording system pressure readings, completing periodic tests, evaluating equipment and techniques, reporting deficiencies.