The Traffic Asst. Supervisor ensures various aspects of the Company’s traffic operations is running efficiently. This includes working with; Warehouse to co-ordinate inbound and outbound freight effectively; Accounting to ensure all claims and billing issues are properly handled; Customer Service & Sales to provide accurate and prompt feedback to all traffic related inquiries; as well as Compliance to all customs import regulations; other departments as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Leads various aspects of the company’s traffic operations including but not limited to the following:
- Choosing value carriers, negotiating the best possible cost from freight carriers and freight price to customers.
- Ensure optimal delivery performance (On-time, optimal lead-time, low damages, etc...)
- Establish a network of reliable, efficient freight vendors
- Compliance with all traffic regulations (customs, documents etc)
- Special projects and analysis focused on delivery performance improvement, cost reduction, and process improvement.
- Other task or duties as assigned by the Company
Skills & Experience:
· Land Freight (carrier networks, negotiations, rates, lead-times etc)
· Ocean Freight (SSL, NVOs, custom requirements, contracts, etc)
· Drop ship freight delivery (B2C, direct-to-consumer)
· Transportation management system (JDE), PC Miler, Microsoft Excel
· Back-log management, Scheduling, Cubing and Routing
· Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Strategic and Tactical planning
· Self-starter, works independently, multi-tasks, thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
· Communication skills (both verbal and written)
· 5-7 years’ experience in Freight/Logistics/Traffic
Our vision: Furniture Values International creates thoughtfully designed furniture for the purpose of improving the way people work, play and relax in their homes.
Our Promise: Our company culture is entrepreneurial in spirit, driven by a passion for excellence in all our products and services, with a desire to improve the quality of life for our many customers and all others that we serve.