Sr. Network Engineer
- Expired: May 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Network Engineer
Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture and licensed-focused collectibles company located in Everett, WA. Funko currently holds hundreds of licenses and the rights to create tens of thousands of characters one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. Funkos Pop! Vinyl is the number one stylized vinyl collectible on the market, selling millions of figures to fans around the world.
As a Sr. Network Engineer, you will provide expert network engineering approaches for IT Infrastructure. The evaluation, design, and documentation of solutions are at the core of the network engineer's service catalog. You will work with other network engineers to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of network services by following standards. You will participate in Continuous Improvement programs by developing enhanced functionality, network optimization, and system documentation. You will provide visibility and awareness for cross-functional infrastructure teams developing presentations, training materials, and detailed configuration standards to align the team to the needs of the business. You will participate with network expansion and capacity planning, working with other team members on additional functionality.
Your Superpowers in Action
- Lifecycle management, design, architect, and provide support of Routers, Switches, Security Solutions, VPNs, L4-7 Load Balancers, and Network Management Solutions across LAN/WAN/SD-WAN/Cloud Infrastructure
- Work with leadership teams on new and existing facilities design, planning and strategy to ensure sites are designed appropriately and delivered on time
- Implement network/security/change-management best-practices ensuring appropriate controls are established at optimal effectiveness
- Develop and improve network performance and availability monitoring with new and existing tools, working with other cross-functional teams to ensure overall integration across systems
- Provide escalation support for IT Incidents and Security Events
- Be available for after-hours support for business-critical systems
- Perform ongoing network optimization: tuning, availability, reliability and security
- Ensure network infrastructure is scalable, reliable and can perform while adhering to expense optimization
- Provide Tier III leadership support for other cross-functional team members and as an escalation for lower tier support systems groups
- Provide guidance or direction to lower-level engineers and engage external vendor support as required.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation and diagrams
- Some travel required
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years of Network Engineering experience
- 3 years of Network Design and Planning
- 3 years providing Network Design and Support services for Cloud Infra Platforms (AWS, Azure, Public Cloud)
- Service management experience utilizing ITIL v.4 or similar service management processes
- Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining software to aid in the testing of the network systems.
- Current professional to expert-level network certification such as Cisco's CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE, or demonstrated level of equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with private and public cloud services with integration onto on premise services.
- Vendor management experience leveraging SLA and KPI metrics to drive results.
- Expert with varied routing protocols experience - BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP.
- Experience with reporting protocols and tools - NetFlow, sFlow, ntop, Splunk, etc.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in one or more areas; SD-WAN, Networking with WAN technologies (Remote Access, Wireless, Routing Protocols, QOS), Networking with LAN technologies (VLANs, Spanning Tree, VoIP and SDN technologies). As well as a high-level understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP, Open source Tools, Cacti, CVS, MRTG, Rancid and others.
- Strong documentation skills with Visio, Lucid Chart, AutoCAD or others
- Demonstrated flexibility by embracing change; adapting communication style to setting; investigating and implementing alternate approaches to resolve difficult problems.
- Exemplify teamwork and serves as role model, while also successfully facilitating collaboration across multiple functions, department and levels. Unquestionable ethics and integrity is pertinent.
- Track record of consistently driving projects to completion and taking accountability for work and results. Confronts tough issues and situations.
- Consult with clients and teammates to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution. Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions.
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills.
- Strong, professional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the skill in articulating and translating technical language to non-technical customers.
- Capable of influencing at all levels across the company.
- Experience with configuration management tools and understanding of concepts.
- Demonstrated experience with best practices on implementing new services into the network.
TechnologyView all jobs at Funko