Associate Utilities Artist
- Posted: over a month ago
Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture and licensed-focused collectibles company located in Everett, WA. Funko currently holds hundreds of licenses and the rights to create tens of thousands of characters – one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. Funko’s Pop! Vinyl is the number one stylized vinyl collectible on the market, selling millions of figures to fans around the world.
The Associate Utilities Artist takes initiative to gain an overall understanding of the Funko brand esthetic and quality for the licenses they will work on across various product lines. This role designs and creates artwork for a variety of product lines. This job requires daily interaction with other Designers, Sculptors, Packaging Artists, and Project Managers. The role requires a focus on learning the POP rules and standardization. The Associate Utilities Artist will report to the Art Directors; they will work together with the Senior Art Director to achieve creative and artistic goals.
Your Superpowers in Action
- Begin to recognize inconsistencies of the Funko brands and form factors
- Understanding of creative and production process involved in the production of toys and collectibles across all Funko lines
- Color call out in 3D
- Strong ability to create and update concepts and creative ideas through a variety of visual formats
- Strong research and planning skills and the ability to apply these to ongoing Funko projects
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of people across multiple teams, including sculptors and production managers to ensure the efficient production of Funko’s toy lines. Interactions include working with other departments at Funko to help ensure efficiency and attention to detail, so production is smooth and freely flowing
- Will need to have an interest and knowledge of POP Culture
- Ability to multitask with strong organizational skills and the capability of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
- 1 year of related experience as an associate designer
- Ability and Desire to learn and grow working within the toy and collectible creative processes.
- Strong understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s of Applied Arts Degree or related business experience in the field
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative office environment.
- Superior organization skills, ability to multi-task across several ongoing projects, and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Must be able to follow a project from concept to completion.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary to complete time-sensitive projects must be able to handle tight deadlines and be quick to adopt change.
- Fun, creative, insightful, and not afraid to share your opinion.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to illustrate in multiple styles.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Funko