Right Hand to CEO- Must Love Dogs (Remote Executive Assistant)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for an exceptional right hand Executive Assistant for our CEO who manages a portfolio of businesses focused on dog lovers. Were poised for exponential growth in 2022 and our CEO James Jacobson needs help, pronto.
Note: since were focused on improving the quality of life of dogs and the people who love them, being a dog lover with a capital D and capital L is really important.
As the CEOs Right Hand, you will:
- Interface with him multiple times a day via phone, video chat and Microsoft Teams.
- Help the CEO manage our distributed team of contractors all over the world.
- Help manage projects in areas as diverse as operations, marketing, customer relations, sales initiatives, podcasting, publishing and public relations.
- You must be a quick professional with great time-management and multitasking abilities.
A Critical Member of Our Team
Your diligence and competence can help our CEO focus on growing the enterprise without worrying about whether other tasks may be falling through the cracks. The goal is to contribute to the efficiency of the overall business by ensuring all assigned administrative duties are carried out in a timely and efficient manner. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
Ultimately--after an extensive training period--you should be able to identify, anticipate and address the needs of the CEO and perform administrative tasks to ensure our companys workflow runs smoothly.
Our ideal candidate also has previous experience as an Executive Assistant and Project Manager and is familiar with office management technologies.
The Ideal Right Hand will:
- Have a general understanding of and appreciation for the driven, results-oriented mindset of the entrepreneur.
- A varied enough background to support a fast-growing company.
- Fluency in the ever-evolving Microsoft Office 365 platform including Microsoft Teams and Microsoft To Do.
- High competence and comfort with virtual technologies. You do not need to be a computer programmer or coder (we have people who do that). But you do need to feel extremely comfortable on the Internet and managing cloud-based user interfaces. Here are just a few of the many tasks you should be able to do easily with little or no guidance once you have the log-in details:
- Set up a meeting in MS Teams and negotiate several time zones.
- Make changes to a WordPress website.
- Be able to understand the backend of Shopify.
- Update a customer record in a CRM such as Hubspot.
- Coordinate our CEOs calendar
- Assist in planning appointments, meetings, events, etc.
- Attend video meetings and calls; take notes so you can communicate action items to attendees and followed up on them
- Track and update projects in Microsoft Planner and MS To Do
- Handle and prioritize our CEOs incoming and outgoing e-mail using Outlook/Office 365
- Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate
- Act as the point of contact between our CEO and employees/clients
- Create regular reports and update internal databases
- Make travel arrangements
- Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
- Research and suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Review and recommend changes to our company standard operating procedures and policies
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
- Review credit card statements and provide assistance to our bookkeepers and accountants
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible using One Drive and SharePoint
- Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned
About Our CEO
James Jacobson is a dyed-in-the wool entrepreneur who has been recognized as a visionary who is always thinking at least five years ahead. In his early years, he grew up in the Washington, DC-area, worked as a US Senate page starting at age 12 and hosted a radio talk show at 16. He started his first business while an undergraduate at the University of Virginia. Since graduating in 1988, he has built several multi-million dollar companies in the media and e-commerce space. He co-founded Functional Nutriments in 2008 and Dog Podcast Network in 2021.
James is looking for a Right Hand who can grow with the company. If you are the successful candidate, hes eager to mentor you and cultivate your strengths.
Long Term Potential
At first, there will be a wide-range of responsibilities and tasks to orient you to the overall business. Then, as you gain familiarity with the responsibilities of the job and document them in our standard operating procedures system, you will train others and delegate the responsibilities you dont adore to new hires, and you will focus on what you do best. This is a great position for someone who has been looking for their own place to settle in and grow into their strengths.
Our portfolio of businesses is making a real difference in the lives of dogs all over the world. This is a chance to come on board a fast-growing company with amazing potential to do some real good.
Compensation for this position is above market and based on your experience. It will include valuable stock options. As the company grows there is a significant potential financial upside for you.
This is a full time 40+ hours/week job. The desired hours of coverage are Monday-Friday from 8AM to 4PM Hawaii (GMT-10). That said, the hours are somewhat flexible, depending upon your time zone. The CEO lives in Hawaii and a good chunk of your working hours should be spent interfacing with him. On most days there will be a morning check in call around 9AM Hawaii.
This position does not require travel.
What is not negotiable is your commitment, focus, and desire to help grow this enterprise. Youll be working closely with an experienced entrepreneur, and this is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate.
Your Work Environment:
Since this is a remote position, you will probably be working from your own home. You should have a dedicated, well-equipped home office free from noise and distractions of any kind.
You will need:
- high speed internet (minimum 100 MBS download)
- computer that is under two years old with a good webcam and USB microphone (multiple monitors preferred)
- accessible router/switch to plug in a VOIP telephone
- document scanner
- Proven work experience as a Senior Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant or similar role
- Solid experience with office management systems and Microsoft Office 365
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud-based systems
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Degree in business administration or related field/ related experience
- Work From Home
- Flexible Schedule
- Stock Option Plan
One Last Thing...
Your skill with words and your ability to present a coherent, polished message to your audience (in this case, us) are critical to this position. Put time and effort into the application, and let us know who you really are. A guideline we follow here is to not show anyone else our work until we are proud of it. This ensures that everyone works to their own highest standards, and builds trust between team members. We are looking for the right fit for James Jacobson, and we will wait for our ideal Right Hand.
We hope thats you, and were looking forward to hearing from you.
Functional Nutriments, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Functional Nutriments, LLC