Director of Criminal Justice Policy & ProgramsThe Office of the Fulton County District Attorney is seeking highly skilled Executive, Administrator or Attorney to serve as the Director of Criminal Justice Policy and Programs. Exceptional writing skills are critical in this position. The position also requires excellent research, data collection, program management and employee supervisory skills.
The Policy/Program Director serves as the principal writer of Criminal Justice, crime prevention, budgetary and general office programs for the District Attorney.
The Director serves as an indispensable member of the District Attorney's Executive Staff. The Director will supervise (7) seven departments Grants Division, Accountability Courts, Community Prosecution, Research Analyst Department, Records Restriction Department, Gang Unit, and Community Court.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION Principal writer of Criminal Justice and Crime Prevention policies and programs for the District Attorney's Office. Develops, implements and administrators Criminal Justice and Crime Prevention programs for the District Attorney's Office. Supervises approximately thirty (30) employees in (7) seven various departments including but not limited to Grants Division, Accountability Courts, Community Prosecution, Research Analyst Department, Records Restriction Department, Gang Unit, and Community Court.
Collects specific Criminal Justice data at the directiom of the District Attorney.
Works closely with the District Attorney on a daily basis.
Performs other related duties as required.
Be sure to read carefully to ensure your qualifications meet to requirements.
Master's Degree in business, public administration, organizational development, finance, criminal justice or a related field required (JD Degree preferred) including lead or supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Specific License or Certification Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver's license.
Specific Knowledge, Essential Skills, or Abilities: Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in performance of the essential functions and learn, comprehend, and apply all county or departmental policies, practices, and procedures necessary to function effectively in the position. Requires knowledge of federal, state, and local criminal laws; policies and procedures governing Fulton County Superior Court, and methods and techniques related to area of assignment.
Additional Knowledge, Essential Skills, or Abilities:
- Gathers a wide range of criminal justice related-data from local and national sources and conduct effective and exhaustive
- Analyzes and evaluates data or information to identify issues, trends and
- Drafts written reports, findings, conclusions, summaries and other documents reflecting criminal justice-related subjects as requested by the District Attorney.
- Identifies and acquires knowledge specific to assigned projects (i.e., has the motivation and brain power to "go deep" and become an expert on topics central to projects' needs and goals, get up to speed quickly, engage in depth with questions of policy and political strategy with a readiness to move swiftly, prepare and deliver informative and well-organized presentations, and make recommendations for action).
- Develops and monitors short/long term plans and to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow
- Collects, reviews, distills, uses and communicates data to guide decision- making and
- Prepares and presents oral and written presentations including technical and analytical reports;
- Demonstrates leadership with an ability to handle uncertainty, think creatively, embrace new approaches, and pioneer innovative solutions to intricate problems.
- Excellent organizational
- Manages several high profile projects at the same time.
- Self-starter and quick learner with the pursuit of justice seeking an opportunity in the legal field.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro