Tower Technician - Top Hand
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FullWave Tower and Broadcast LLC is a national telecommunications company with a coverage area of the lower 48 states. Our services and capabilities as a tower company include, but are not limited to: tower erection and decom, all facets of small to large gin pole work, microwave point-to-point systems, tower modifications, guy wire changeouts, TIA tower inspections and site audits, tower maintenance, plumb and tension, AM/FM broadcast services, and TV broadcast systems.
We have immediate openings for the following positions:
Broadcast Tower Technician – Top Hand
In addition to working for a great company with great benefits, WE ARE ALSO OFFERING A SIGN-ON BONUS, details provided during interview process. This position offers a generous benefits package, competitive hourly wage, and significant opportunity for professional growth in the rapidly expanding telecommunications industry. Serious inquiries only.
Broadcast Tower Technician – Top Hand
The Tower Technician - Top Hand position requires experience and knowledge of heavy rigging and gin pole activities. Lifts could exceed 15,000 pounds. This position also requires general knowledge and experience working with various broadcast antenna systems such as AM, FM, side mounted TV antennas, top mounted TV antennas, and large diameter transmission lines. An experienced top hand would also have working knowledge of structural processes involving hog rod change outs, structural upgrades, guy wire change outs, stacking towers, and plumb and tension. The Top Hand is responsible for all elevated activities on the tower, including all rigging and monitoring the safety of all personnel. This position requires significant travel and deployment. 2 years of tower climbing experience is required.
Top Hand position expectations:
· Efficiently manage all tower top construction activities, working independently and under limited supervision of the Crew Foreman, on a variety of construction, repair, and/or maintenance projects including installation of antennas, feed lines, plumb and tensions, on self-support towers or guyed towers at heights up to 2000’
· Operate survey equipment (Compass, transit, slope scope, etc...)
· General knowledge of test equipment and tuning procedures
· Read, fully understand, and implement drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
· Detailed knowledge and experience with rigging, understanding load charts, and correctly selecting the appropriate equipment to safely rig a tower and any other types of antenna support structures.
· Ability to fully understand and implement a Class IV rigging plan
· Knowledge of crane signals, properly demonstrate with proficiency
· Familiar with various TV and radio equipment, antennas, and feed line systems
· Understand procedures involved with Plumb and Tension and inspection of physical structures.
· Collect customer closeout data and photos of work completed
· Maintain that crew adheres to a clean, orderly environment abiding by the company’s policies and all industry regulations and safety standards
Other Tower Technician Requirements
· Pass the following tests prior to employment: drug test, background check, and physical examination evaluation process during training
· Possess and maintain a valid Class D driver’s license
· Pass and maintain CPR/First Aid AED, OSHA 10, RF Radiation Safety & Awareness, and Competent Climber certifications. Must be able to possess a full understanding of all fall protection and safety procedures
· Responsible for all maintenance and care of company equipment and crew assets
· Must be able to continuously work outside every day in all types of weather conditions
· Must possess proper work attire suitable for conditions, have your own set of basic hand tools and know how to properly use them
- This position requires 100% travel
Punctuality, initiative, attention to detail, and the will to get the job done right the first time are core components of this position. If you possess all these qualities and want to be part of a successful, growing company, please email us or fill out an application today!
FullWave Tower and Broadcast benefits:
- Full benefits package offered after 90-day probationary period, including health, dental, Simple IRA, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability
- Full per diem of $150 per day
- Per Diem is paid out with direct deposit payroll checks
- Company will reimburse each employee up to six times annually for trips to home and back
- Top of the line climb gear and all PPE provided
- Sign on bonus paid out on first payroll
- Rapid advancement to those who have the desire to learn and be a LEADER
REFERENCES of prior tower experience are REQUIRED.
Submit your application and join us today!
Fullwave Tower and Broadcast LLCWhy Work Here?
Great company, awesome benefits, new climb gear, get paid to travel the lower 48
TechnologyView all jobs at Fullwave Tower and Broadcast LLC