Our CPG (Food & Beverage) client is seeking a Graphic Designer for a long term onsite freelance project.
As a Graphic Designer you work with other designers on multi-component projects as they conceptualize and design corporate marketing materials, research technology/production techniques as necessary, ensuring quality control through approval of proofs, press checks, and testing of materials before deployment.
- Create original brand-appropriate solutions across each channel for multiple platforms and media.
- Researches, creates and executes designs for print, marketing collateral, multimedia interfaces, packaging and other materials.
- Strong retouching skills a must.
- Designs packaging layouts and manages proofing, production process, lead times and manufacturing capabilities for various substrates and packaged goods.
- Ensures that materials are delivered with the utmost quality and assists manager with final proofing.
- Assists in conceptualization for category brand extensions and packaging redesigns
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic thinking and process orientated
- Design packaging and layout, photography and video
- Manages and maintains vendor relationships
- A master in Adobe programs
- 5+ years prior work experience as a designer in an advertising agency, graphic design firm or in-house creative department.
- Experienced with print, digital, environmental/event, and package design, photography, retouching, project management, proofing, and archiving/digital asset management.
- Strong understanding of creative requests/briefs.
- Expert photography and retouching skills.
- Exceptional pre-press and on-press skills with an acute sense of color.
- Expert conceptualization skills with experience creating on-strategy concept pitches and presentations. .
- Exceptional graphic design skills with solid understanding of typography and color.
- Ability to create layouts that remain consistent with company brand.
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience a must!