The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for executing preventative maintenance tasks as assigned to and to maximize time of the facility equipment. The individual works with the Maintenance team, Production, Quality and other departments to ensure equipment is maintained so it can be available for processing.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Uses Lock Out Tag Out procedures to ensure the safety of self as well as team when working on equipment that carries energy (Electrical, Mechanical, Potential, Air Pressure etc.)
- Executes work orders and prioritizes work to ensure plant is running effectively
- Works on preventative maintenance schedule and provides feedback to the maintenance manager to update schedule to ensure we continuously improve the maintenance of equipment.
- Performs electrical work related to operational needs
- Perform mechanical work related to operational needs
- Trains others and/or provided feedback on breakdown root cause so as to prevent re occurrence.
- Works with team members to expedite unplanned breakdown.
- Order parts as needed to ensure parts inventory is maintained at specified levels when using parts from inventory.
- Ensures all tools are accounted for after a job has been completed.
- Ensures proper communication takes place with, Production, Quality and sanitation team to ensure a clean and sanitary surface is maintained after work has been completed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Ability to work with motors, gear boxes, bearings, gears, conveyors, VFFS Bagger, Horizontal Baggers etc.
- Ability to execute against projects and equipment breakdown
- Ability to stand long periods of time, bend, squat, lift over 50 lbs
- Ability to work with and repair all equipment in the processing room
Education and Experience:
- Maintenance Mechanic for minimum of 2 years
- Experience with Electrical wiring
For more information:
Full Steam is the driving force and parent company to six subsidiary brands that focus on recruiting, attracting and hiring top talent for an impressive array of Nationally recognized companies throughout the US.
Our mission is to provide our associates and clientele with the highest level customer service experience possible. Our philosophy and dedication to excellence has allowed us to build and retain long-lasting business partnerships.
Visit us on line or call to learn more about becoming an Associate or Client partner today!